The BEST system you've ever built !!!!

What is the best system that you have ever put together , from source to speakers including cables ??? After all the swaps and auditions I'm looking for the final "aahhh, that's the ticket" sound to you and what components took you to Audio Nirvana. {This is a survey of actual auditions, not what you read in a magazine} THANKS,
krellpower1
Sound_decisions I would be the first person to agree that show sounds aren't the best. I guess my point on you was missed. You are to have us believe based on your vast experience that you hold the answer to what is best in reproduced audio. I guarantee that you don't. If you don't believe it then ask yourself this question, Why are there so many products out there? And please don't tell me it is because no one has heard Gryphon amps and Martin Loagan Statement loudspeakers. Reproduced audio is an ILLUSION it is not real. So far as I'm concerned the two are completely different. So to you I say I'm happy for you. I still believe tubes get me to real better than any solid state I have heard to date. But then again that is just my tastes. You really don't hold the key to anything except what you personally believe in. I'm happy for you.
Hi sound_decisions. If I were to own a ss amp it would be Gryphon. I also think there CD player is the best I have heard with the exception of the Goldmun top of the line. Venture and Gryphon combination is hard to beat but I still think the best tube stuff is the way to go.
Sorry,I guess my point was also missed.What I was trying to ask is have you ever heard it in a properly set up room at home?You see,in your caliber of equipment(and what I mean by that is Price,price meaning you have to work within a bugget)You can not acheive the same caliber of sound.Now wait a minute everybody, I am not saying that at home most can not acheive sound better then stores.But what I am trying to say is that given the same peramitors of tweekability I do not believe that today as we know it Gryphon can be beat.Brulee:Ok if you want to talk tubes I would have to say without much reservation the Wavestream V8's.So how is Mike's sound these days?I have not been to his store in quite some time.
Hi Sound_decisions. Mike is doing fine. I have had the pleasure of listening to the Gryphon stuff and I think Sound_decisions has made a sound decision in in his choice of ss electronics. Hey S_d do I know you? S_d I agree with your post above.I would like to add that the Gryphon integrateds are better than most seperates in the same price range. Good stuff
I have built a number of systems, each of which had their strong points. My first system in 1974 was actually scary good, especially on a cost basis. I had a Philips GA212 table with a Shure Type III playing through a Sherwood 8900 receiver(60 w/ch FM only) into two Hartley Zodiacs(10" 2-way bass reflex cabinets) in my UNM dorm room and the sound from a good album was incredible. The bass slam, pace, tonality, and imaging were first rate, while the soundstage was at least adequate. Not as delicate as some systems, but an overall winner. Through headphones the sound was even better, a credit to the front end quality. For a total investment of under $ 800, I cry to think how sweet it was! Acoustics were in my favor, as the room was somewhat octagonal(no parallel reflections) and placing the speakers in the corner really got the bass down to 30 HZ or less without much rolloff. When Townsend hit the first guitar chords, and Entwhistle bass kicked in on Pinball Wizard, you were there! Some days I would trade all my current high-end gear to get that immediacy back. Or were my ears just better than? Na-a-h-h. It was real.