Ear Candy: Most startling recordings.

OK, we all respect great musical talent and muscianship, but sometimes you put in a CD and you get one of those startling zany recordings that make you smile it is so strange. Some of Neil Young's stuff is kind of like that. Alot of Pink Floyd is like this. Sounds racing across the sounds stage, shifting mike position in mid recording. What are your favorite "ear candy" recordings?
issabre
The first cut on the original Soundtrack From Twin Peaks, Music Composed by Angelo Badalamenti, has the most surefire bodyrush of anything I've ever heard. It'll wash over you, the wife and any small animals present :-) The rest of it's way cool too. But beware of imitations, make sure it's the CD original Warner Bros 26316-2.
Anything by Enigma! Also, for synthesized is Moodswings. Best ear candy of the classic rock days is the Moody Blues - hand's down. Of course, Pink Floyd is great too! Tony
These aren't necessarily startling, but they are cute... 1. Pink Floyd "Atom Heart Mother" (Quadraphonic!) has a water drip, drip, drip,... that repeats forever at the end of Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast until your tonearm picks up--if your tonearm picks up. 2. There is a Mike Oldfield record (forgot title) that chants "Debby Boone, Debby Boone,..." in a similar fashion. 3. Also on "Atom Heart Mother," in the Atom Heart Mother Suite, a motorcycle starting and taking off is incorporated into the orchestral arrangement--goes from one side to the other--first time I heard it I actually looked out my window for the motorcycle.
good topic, but i hope we can get more obscure stuff (like "dirt track date"- gotta get that one). Here's an eclectic sampling of my faves: kraftwerk: "numbers", track 3 from "computer world" stravinsky: "histoire du soldat" chesky cd122- the whole thing dead can dance: "yulanga" , track 1 from "into the labyrinth" chris rea: "the road to hell" , parts 1&2 phish: "rife" , tracks 3&4 james taylor: "gaia" , track 4 from "hourglass" frank zappa: "jewish princess", rhino 10577, "have i offended someone?" , track 14 eels: "susan's house" , radio records (nl) , "meter sessies, vol. 7" (may be available elsewhere-haven't looked but it's a real find) keep 'em comin'. i like these pieces of earcandy.
Startling? King Crimson's "Lark's Tongues in Aspic", Liquid Tension Experiment's "Vol. 1", Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music", Wendy Carlos' "Beauty in the Beast" & "Tales of Heaven and Hell".