Best blues guitarist, Clapton or Green

I know Clapton is God, but is he a better blues guitarist than Peter Green.
cody
There was and is no better blues/rock guitarist than Mick Taylor. Just remember that he played his first live concert with the Stones at Hyde Park in London when he was only 17!! This was a hard act for even Robert Johnson to follow. The lead break on "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'" has to be the best of all time. Pure Mick Taylor, a true bluesman not an ambitious person but a real artist.
The best blues guitar player alive has to be IMHO, Ronnie Earl and the Broadcasters...try it...you'll like it.
I saw Peter Green live in 1969 with the original Fleetwood Mac. Clapton is far better. The best live guitar performance in history, is Clapton with Cream on the "Wheels of Fire" album recored live in February 1968 at the Winterland Auditorium in San Francisco. The eighteen
minute live track "Spoonful" is Clapton's greatest work. It is a milestone of technique. It is the greatest and most complex spontaneous improvising ever between a bass guitar and a lead guitar, blending a fusion of blues, heavy
metal and hard rock. Clapton was the inventor of hard rock
and heavy metal form. When Hendrix went to England in October 1966, he outright copied Clapton and the Cream, who were the first group in history to form a power trio with two bass drums in the drum kit, double stacking Marshall amps, and Clapton producing the first high powered sound with his Gibson SG. Clapton was the ultimate pioneer that everyone followed. His group the Cream sold 35
million albums in the 29 months they were together. Hendrix
during the same period sold 8 million albums. No one can touch Clapton, he is Beethoven of the guitar.
Audiozen,
Clapton may be very good but there are plenty who are more fluid on the guitar, including Peter Green. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Clapton is a better song writer than most with a terrific voice, which in addition to his outstanding guitar playing capabilities sets him apart from most.

Cody, By the way, Clapton is NOT God, he's just a quality entertainer.
Never heard Green but I have a couple of complaints:
No mention of Robert Cray?
And not enough about Robert Johnson!
I didn't think you could talk about blues without mentioning these fellas!
I would cast my vote for BB also (saw him live and it was a beautiful thing)!