Best blues guitarist, Clapton or Green

I know Clapton is God, but is he a better blues guitarist than Peter Green.
cody
I think Clapton had the major inspiration to play the blues. Certainly Mike Bloomfield, Peter Green and Duane Allman are excellent players too.
I'm sorry but I don't think Johnny Winter can really be considered a great bluesman. Probably because he reminds me Hendrix too much (for example hear the many live versions of the fantastic "Red House" and then the many Winter's blues-rock standards like "It's my Own Fault").
Also don't forget that the greatest slide player in the blues-rock area was certainly Duane Allman. He inspired a lot of slide guitar players from Michael Messer to Dave Hole.

bye.
Green and Clapton recorded some great material, as did many of their inspirations. Like others, I find it difficult to select a best blues guitarist. However, if forced to select, I believe Clapton is the single greatest and that the studio Layla album was his greatest work. Yes, his work with Mayall and Cream was great, but the passion expressed on the entire Layla album, along with Duane on slide, remains my absolute favorite. Shows what losing the love of your life and a drug problem can help create. That boy was seriously Blue at the time! Raw and unpolished.
As great as Eric Clapton and Peter Green were/are as guitarists, I can't, under any circumstances consider them among the greatest Blues guitarists. NOT EVEN CLOSE! The greatest Blues players emote in a way that is completely separate from technique. Clapton and Green are great, great guitar stylists with technique to burn. However, neither Clapton nor Green have ever conveyed to me the manic terror of Buddy Guy, the frank sexuality of Albert King, or the threat of imminent violence of Son Seals. I don't see it as a race thing either as Stevie Ray was eminently capable of throwing down.
Hendrix blew everybody out of the water and there hasn't been another since, though SRV came close.
Over the years I've been lucky enough to hear Hendrix at the Fillmore West and Monterey (yeah); Clapton at the Fillmore West; Gatton in D.C.; Duane in SD and LA; Cray in Tacoma; Page in Oakland; and Buchanan in LA and SF twice. For me, Roy will always be the man - I have never witnessed another musician motivate an audience the way he did.