Perfect Debute Albums

Which DEBUTE albums do you consider perfect?

*DISCLAIMER*

This thread was MacDadTexas's idea and a good one at that!

Mine would be-

The Cars- The Cars
Norah Jones- Come Away With Me
Cheap Trick- Cheap Trick

I'll post more later....
128x128srwooten
Lots of great debuts here. But I’ll never forget the day one of my pals tossed Boston-Boston in the cassette deck. It totally dominated our “cruising” playlist for a long.....long..........long time.
Nancy Wilson, Cannonball Adderley, so titled, was her coming out album--and IMHO, she's yet to top that.
She was a kid really, from where, Dayton??? Certainly Ohio as I remember.
'Save Your Love For Me', 'The Masquerade Is Over', and all the instrumentals with Cannonball's group as every other song.
THAT, Capital album was a classic for all ages.

Good listening,

Larry
This debut album features the classic "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face". It also include gems like "Angelitos Negros," "Our Ages or Our Hearts," and "Hey, That's No Way to Say Goodbye."

Roberta Flack's fantastic voice and amazingly mature performance is supported by personnel such as John Pizzarelli on guitars and Ron Carter on bass.

Finally, the numbers:
"First Take" - 5 weeks at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart, 2 weeks at #1 on the Billboard Top Soul Albums chart.

"The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" - #1 on the Billboard Pop Singles and Adult Contemporary charts, #4 on the Billboard Soul Singles chart.
04-05-11: Bongofury
Burial, Untrue. The best late night soundscape EVER made.

Actually, thats his second. Burial (self titled) being the first. Both meet your description though and it's great to read it mentioned here. All his stuff is amazing. Check out Mirror/Ego Text 010 with Four Tet + Thom York. Wicked.