New Esoteric P02 D02

Hello,

Seems like there is a new set up separates from Esoteric. The P02 D02. Hven't seen any info out there at all, but it is for sale already at retailers. Not a substitute of the P03 D03 as expected, that are still selling as well, but a new category in between de 01s and 03s. DACs and inputs seem like an upgrade of the K01.

Anyone has any info, or heard of this? You can read about it at Esoteric parent company home page (in Japan but in English).

Price in Europe is 3.000 Euros higher than the 03s per unit (so +6000 EUros higher in total)

Any feedback, info news?

Thanks
Eli
eelii08
Hi Eelii,
I am also curious on hearing differencies of Mexcel cables on clocking unit. I was spectical on cable differencies for clocking unit but audio hobby has always kind of tricky surprises. I know that esoteric products are designed for Acrolink Mexcel cables..I would be happy to hear your findings with Mexcel cables.
Colecat: Esoterics needs more than 400-500 hours to settle, as far as I know you have to burn same outboard..I made burning on dual XLR outboard and music becamed more detailed and less digital artifacts, I am on 700-800 hours and still have impression that sound is still developing. One thing that I am sure of power cables made terrific differencies on mostly transport..
I was on the Esoteric sight for latest updates on new D1/P1. The best I can make out translating, based on the D-02 at $23500.00 retail would put the new set at $86500.00 . Thats 2650000 yen for the transport, 1250000 yen for the DAC x 2 = 5150000 yen for the set .
Wonder how it sounds compared to the D-02/P-02 combo? I definately perfer the style of the D-02/P-02 over the new ones.
I will surely update you on the P9500. I am very much looking forward to hear these with esoteric. Should be with me mid next week or so. Not clear still if i will buy a 6300 II or not. I may or leave it for later. Also want to compare with the old one.

Tom, you can be sure you will like it better with clock. It did make a big dif in my system in all areas.

The 01s I am sure it will be better. How much still to be seen. But I think it makes more sense to upgrade gear so no component is clearly infeior to the rest of system or that is what you will get. Or at least the improvement will be much less than it should. Myself, the next upgrade I have in mind is the amps. The 01s, besides price, the problem is where to place all those boxes. Is 2 extra boxes you need to make space for. And also no streaming capabilities for me is a big miss. We will hear anyway more on these in the future.
One more question regarding configuration of menus for the 02s.

When using only the P02 as input for the D02. In the P02 configuration menu under up convert, you choose whatever alternative you prefer. Do you leave the up convert configuration option in the D02 as "original" or do you use the same alternative as with the P02. Or it does not make any difference.

I remember this was a doubt I had when I first got the units. I left it at the time as Original. Now playing with the menu for the XLR signal configuration I just saw this again and was wondering what other are doing.
On the use of the G-03X clock over the G-0s or newer G-0Rb, i had the G-0s rubidium clock for several years an enjoyed it very much with my P03U and D03; for various reasons, I had to sell the G-0s clock a couple years ago and spent a while with no clock in the system. I later had an opportunity to add a G-03X or G-0s back into the system; I took a chance and put the G-03x into the system and found that it gives me what I want in terms of a good amount of clocking accuracy coupled with a bit more musical presentation with a bit less of the analytical edge that I had with the G-0s. I'm not dinging the Rb clocks in the least; for my ears I was able to achieve what I wanted with the G-03x and think it is worth consideration...