5AR4/GZ34 Rectifier Tubes

Is anyone currently making a tube of this type that rivals the performance of the best NOS Mullard tubes? I'm surprised that Sophia, Psvane and others appear not to have offered this tube. Suggestions?
dodgealum
Guys,

Thanks for the info. Brownsfan, I know it take about 50 hrs for new tubes to settle but have you heard any new changes? Looks like I'm going to be ordering this one too!

Thanks
Wig, I only had it burning for about 3 hrs last night. As I said, it was a great tube straight out of the box. I will give it another 6 hrs tonight and do more serious listening Sunday evening. This thing is stupid good for $40, and better than either the Create or the Mullard Blackburn.

So glad to see that people are figuring out how to reverse engineer the old classic tubes, and in this case, improve on them.
My tube arrived today and I have it running in for 3 hours before an initial listen...
Guys,

After running my Gold Lion Genalex for 4 hours, my initial observations are on par with Brownsfan. The GL beat the Create in transparency, lower floor noise and combines dynamics with that rich body we're accustomed to with Mullards. Also, the GL are more precise in image placement and overall sound-staging.

The GL are in for the long haul...