Shunyata ztron power vs cx cables...

Hi, I have a few Shunyata CX powercords (anaconda cx and king cobra cx). Has anyone done a detailed comparison? What are your thoughts as to the differences?

I did just replace my Hydra vray II with a Hydra Triton, and that was a nice improvement, in clarity, naturalness, ease and dynamics. It was one of those upgrades that once it goes in...wasn't even worth going back to compare...

Thanks in advance
128x128jfrech
So I am jealous on you getting to hear Brad Meldhau, I've always enjoyed his music...wish something was on vinyl or SACD. Really surprise a re-issue hasn't picked his music up...

Preburning cable I wish was a standard practice from all manufactures. It makes it nearly impossible to test a cable...

I am diggin the Anaconda zitrons AC cords. They have a clarity, transparency and dynamic presence the King Cobra CX does not have. I do think the King Cobra CX is more forgiving and a bit warmer on each note. Expect a few Anaconda CX's up for sale on Audiogon soon...I'll keep my King Cobra CX's for now...

For those of you who have Triton's, the Anaconda Zitron is pretty important addition. I currently have 3 more Anaconda zitrons, one on my phono stage and 2 on the amps. Rest are King Cobra CX'a
Jfrech,

I'm about 50 hours into my new Anaconda Zitron and I agree with your assessment. I wouldn't dump those KC's cause they may be preferable on some components. The bass weight on the Zitron is pretty stunning. How many hours do you have on yours?
Hi vhiner, I have about 4 days on a ac window unit (used in my dealers wine cellar), and about 2 weeks in my system. I've heard them warm up some and you're right, the bass impact and depth is a difference over the CX's (along with the transparency/clarity gains which are substantial)
Jfrech,

I'm about 50 hours into my new Anaconda Zitron and I agree with your assessment. I wouldn't dump those KC's cause they may be preferable on some components. The bass weight on the Zitron is pretty stunning. How many hours do you have on yours?
Jfrech,

So far I really like the Zitron but you are right about it being a bit less forgiving and the CX's having a bit more warmth. Compared to the Anaconda CX, I favor the Zitron Anaconda. The KC's are a much tougher call. Those Anaconda CX's will be a great bargain because I think they're more balanced than the Cobra Zitrons.