Shunyata ztron power vs cx cables...

Hi, I have a few Shunyata CX powercords (anaconda cx and king cobra cx). Has anyone done a detailed comparison? What are your thoughts as to the differences?

I did just replace my Hydra vray II with a Hydra Triton, and that was a nice improvement, in clarity, naturalness, ease and dynamics. It was one of those upgrades that once it goes in...wasn't even worth going back to compare...

Thanks in advance
128x128jfrech
Guy1,

I noticed similar issues when I auditioned the Talos. The Triton blew it away...everything in spades.
It looks like the older CX series of power cables are being bought as soon as they are listed for sale on several websites. I missed out on a Python CX because I thought about it for a day, dang it. I guess you snooze you lose. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone who owns the newer Z series can share the specs? I heard that one of the main differences in the newer cables and the older CX cables is the EFCC (electric field compensation circuit), which by itself, is amazing. I am wondering if the AC plug is Shunyata's own SR-ZP plug and IEC, and did the internal CDA 101 copper on the older CX series carry over to the new Z series? Also, are the number of conductors the same as the older CX series or different? Thanks.
Audioquest4life
My dealer brought 4 anaconda zitrons by today. 1 20 amp for my triton, 3 15 amp on my trans/clock/dac currently.

The trans & dac had king cobra cx's, the clock anaconda cx, and the triton a kc cx. The 4 zitrons have about 3 hours in my system and a few days running off his heavy duty wine cellar chiller.

I am sure i have more breakin to do.

Umm this isnt subtle. Its like the hdray vray ii to triton differences, but maybe more. So more transparent, much less aggessive, but more resolute, warm, and dynamic. In a simple word, more like what i hear live unamped guitars, pianos, more distinct placement....
Although many seem to report the new Ztron are much better than the previous version (including Shunyata themselves which is no surprise) there's at least one guy I know who owned the new Cobra power cables and said he did not like them because compared to the CX, they are "less precise". He mentioned they are less focused and added "halos" around instruments. He said that he returned them because from his perspective, he could tell the Cobra were "clearly" entry level. Of course, it's only one opinion but I can tell you this guy knows his stuff. Personally, I have 2 of them not broken in yet so it's hard to tell. Also, since I came from the stock cables, adding the Cobra was significant in my system. I'm waiting for another power cable (Ztron Python this time) so I will be able to compare the Cobra and the Python and determine if they are worth the price difference.
With respect to how the Anaconda CX's compare with the Cobra Zitron power cables, the folks at Shunyata have told me that they are aware that some people prefer the Anaconda CX's to the new Cobras because the Anacondas are "warmer and more romantic." The Cobras are very fast and "live." The people I've spoken with freely state that in some applications and systems, the Anaconda CX's may be the better choice. It's one thing I love about the company: they keep b.s. to a minimum and have often steered me to spend less rather than more when selecting an upgrade.

When it comes to cables, it is always best to "try before you buy." I would add one caveat: don't waste your time with quick a/b comparisons. Listen for several days and then remove the cables. If you don't miss them, keep your money.

I'm ordering a Zitron Anaconda for trial tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how it fairs against my beloved Anaconda CX's.