Why power cable effect overall syste sound?

Power cables effect the system sound. This is a well-known fact. My question is why.. specially in case of low power type "A" amplifiers where current is constant. In my single ended 300B the cable creates huge difference. Does it points on power supply PSRR issue? Actually in case of well designed power supply, the power cable should not introduce any improvement. We are spending hundreds of dollars for the 1 meter of cable from outlet to IEG socket where meters of cheap wires running in the walls and it does work. The answer on this question is puzzling me.
abronfer
>>>experiments for oneself--unless the point of discourse is only to make funny asides under strict internet protection :o).<<<=???
Hifitime,

Since you need it explained, Grant (Samuel) is referring to you, Schipo and the others in your group of serial pests who are posting near identical messages expressing your power cord scepticism on every power cord thread opened in the last month or two.

I for one am utterly fed up with you lot. I doubt I am alone.

Next time you log in to Audiogon, check the home page. See the bit where it says "THE HIGH END AUDIO COMMUNITY".

Well, power cords are an accepted part of high end audio.

If you, Schipo, rrog and vernneal don't like it, I would suggest there is an obvious course for you all to take.
Actually it is unaccepted by a lot of audiophiles too,and we like to voice our side.