Power Cords

I am considering changing out my stock PCs. I don't want to spend a mint on them though. But I do think that upgrading to an adequate guage and having them in the correct lengths should be an upgrade for my system (MA 6500, Hydra 6, ML Vantages, Marantz BD 7003, Vidikron VL-52, and to come a Cambridge 840C).

I am considering Signal Cables, Zebra Cables, Pangea, PS Audio Jewels, and Element Cables. They are all around $50-$60 each and are within my price range. Also, I am considering just buying some Volex 17604s. They are less than $10 a piece and seem to be highly regarded.

Have any of you used these diffent PCs and can you comment on their sound? I've also thought of Shunyata Diamondbacks. But the cost is at least 2X as much.

Any comments or direction are appreciated.
pokey77
I would look at spending your budget on a Mojo Audio power cord. They've replaced Tara Labs The One, LessLoss Signature, Tel Wire HC, Argento FMR $7k, DCCA Master, Shunyata Anaconda, Shunyata King Cobra, Virtual Dynamics Genesis, and probably others that I don't know about. They're much cheaper than any of those cables also. $350.

Rather than buying a power conditioner I'd recommend a Topaz Isolation transformer. I've heard Tripoint Audio's Spartan power conditioner ($35k) and my isolation transformers win hands down in terms of noise floor reduction and neutrality. Did I mention I bought mine for around $200? Now I did. Shoot me an email if you have questions about what the heck I'm talking about.
The PS Audio AC-12 delivers good results for me.
The Statement cables, are great too. IMHO.
I got them here, for a HUGE discount, Brand NEW,
In The Original Box.

I Love Music!
PS Audio, like Audioquest and others, have me very concerned about buying at a huge discount due to Chinese knockoffs. How would you ever know? Even used from Agon, how do you know where a good feedback seller got his cable from, perhaps unknowingly? I am in search of answers, not making a statement.
There are some chinese pieces of gear that are really nice. For the amp I built I use pure copper unplated binding posts that I sourced from china.

Really the only way to tell if something is a knockoff is to open it up. Or you can always ask where the guy purchased it!

I used the PS-audio stuff, it was decent, but fairly colored like most of the PSA stuff.
I use a Grover Huffman PC on my EAR 834P and it opened up in 3-D bigtime. I've order two more PC, set speakers cables and phono interconnects (those were another one of those WOW! moments I had recently.