So Many Choices - PCords for Digital Sources?

I know there are many threads on Power Cords and how to choose them. I am trying to make the best decision on replacing the stock PC's on 3 of my digital sources. They include:

Oppo BDP 83 Blu Ray Player
Arcam DV 139 Multi Player
Benchmark DAC 1

Here are the factors most important to me in the decision:

Cost - Good value for quality on PC ($100-250 range)

Quality - PC will make my equipment better sounding, lower noise floor on digital equipment, quality made

Sound Improvement - PC that will improve the overall sound of my system

Other equipment in my system includes the following:

ATI 3007 7 Channel Amp - 300W
Integra DTC 9.9 Processor
Usher BE 718 Monitors - Front & Rears
Usher BE Center Channel
60" Pioneer Elite Plasma

All plugged into a PS Audio Power Plant Premier Conditioner
Dedicated 20 Amp Circuit for electronics and Video only

Any Suggestions on Power Cords based on my criteria above? My goal is to have a great sounding system at a reasonable price. No $1,000 PC's on a $599 dollar player.

Thanks,

Toddsgear
toddsgear
I often wonder when folks say there is no diff from one pc to another, on just hwat level of gear, and what level of pc (s) are being used?

I'd like to know in fact those above items... so I can ignore those cables altogether. or some concensus of folks having used those same wires in other venues can chime in and support or deny such claims.

the only support I would give to the exchange of pcs in A/B conditions is that wires are unlike components and their dialectric composition plays a part in it's presentation.... that facet takes time to unfold itself 100%.

Look.. I'm not flush with dough to throw away, that's a given. so when I pitch decent bucks at some aspect of my system it is because I've determined it provides me results I'm willing to pay for to have them in my rig.

I'm not a cable maker... nor an employee of one. I get no royalties and last time I looked, not even a Xmas card or tank you by email.

God love you if you don't hear a diff when A/B'ing pc's. Most won't... after a while though when it settles in you may.

It is funny to me that these dealers who disavow wires as having some additive level of performance, also sell cables. Why is that? Send 'em all to Radio shack if there's no difference.

The truest and most helpful item we can all pass along to anyone seeking aid in one regard or other is for them to try these things for themselves. As I and so many others have done. then either buy 'em or send 'em back depedning on the outcome of the trial.

But as with preamps, CDPs, amps, and even speakers, wires need that warm up and run in period too. Ears will not adapt to changes in the sound as quickly as you might think. They'll respond better to an increase in volume better than they will to a decrease. Why's that? it's just a simple change, right? Nope. change yes, simple no.

Ears ain't light bulbs. There is a lot going on when we hear things and then try to detect some difference from one set of conditions to another. tons of factors affect our daily ability to hear things... like humidity.. position.. blood pressure... state of mind.. exposure to extraneous noises... etc.

but either way I've no issue with those who scoff at the implementation of upscale pcs to gain some increase in performance... but the question which should always follow is easy: Which pc's were tried on what gear or system for you to come to that conclusion?

Makers of gear too which have non migratory pcs attached to them are there for one reason... the maker likes what they get using that pc. Plain and simple. They are trying to make a buck too... they'll make their stuff less attractive pricewise if they say the pc you must use is another $500, or more.

But even the makers of such pieces chose one they liked over a bunch of other's ... Didn't they?

otherwise we've missed the boat by not buying stock in Radio Shack or Belken.

See for yourself. it always works. most cable makers have a window for try outs. Good luck.
Do some research, narrow your choices down to 3 or 4 cables, then find dealers who will loan them to you for an audition. That is the ONLY way to know for sure.
i've been very happy with all my ps audio pc's. currently running perfect wave pc's...2 ac-10's, 2 ac-5's and just picked up 2 ac-3's. well made line's imo that match up nice with my quintet and pwt/pwd. use the ac-5's for the transport and dac and did notice an improvement in sound stage along with bottom end punch.

Ron @ Liquid Hi-Fi recommended them a while back and i'm glad he did. first for my power supply then later...my ps audio gear. now i've got everything running on them.
They sure do like to make a lot of money.The power cord suppliers that is.What more can they do than one of these? Its shielded too.[http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGAC14&variation=1]
I've had good results with SignalCable power cords on digital sources and preamps, PS Audio on amps.