Aether Audio Black Box or Nuforce Magic Cube ???

Has anyone tried these black boxes that you hook-up at the end of your speaker cables yet? A lot of raves on the forums.
hifisoundguy
Hifisoundguy, take a look here on the GON of my review of the Black boxes for the details regarding why there killers at improving the sonics of even very high end systems at a very reasonable price. Since I wrote the review another good audiophile friend got his Black Boxes from Bob Smith, he uses Wilson speakers, and is amazed how much improvement they made in his system. Bob just got back from the CES and will finish my two pairs since I biamp my MG-20's and he's building customized jumper cables with pins for me.
I have just recieved the black boxes from Aether (Bob Smith) and initial impressions are quite favorable.
I think what they seem to do is very similar to the bybee golden goddess speaker bullets which I have owned.

They provide a blacker background, a smoother but no less detailed presentation....to me and in my system, and like most good equipment I have experienced, they seem to provide the illusion of slowing things down but you realize all the leading edge transients are maintained along with a very natural decay it is just so well articulated that some of the "stress" of listening is removed...very engaging and allows one to hear more into the recording!

I have only had mine for a few days so these are initial impressions but I think these are worth a listen.

I do have the same question about the difference between the Nuforce and the Aether....I suspect the Aether is better built and perhaps uses better internal wiring (I know the Aether uses the good Mundorf stuff but am not sure what is used in the Nuforce) Due to the collaboration with Aether and Nuforce I imagine the core technology is the same or very similar...but this is all speculation so I am interested to hear from someone who may actually know.

Good Stuff in any event and Bob Smith seems to have hit on something here.
Glide3, your assumption regarding the differences between Bob's Black Boxes and Nuforce's Magic Cube is totally correct. Bob's product uses much higher grade internal wiring, better binding posts, and even the enclosure (box) is built to a higher level. You can also request different binding posts if you desire. Both boxes use Bob's "Smith Cell" device to get rid of F1 noise just like the Bybee speaker bullets. When you think that the Bybee's retail for $4500.00 a pair compared to $500.00 for Bob's Boxes, this has to be one of the most "smoking" deals in highend ever! They really take a system to even a higher musical level without the loss of anything as far as I can tell.