Amphenol glass toslinks - First impressions

I just got my Amphenol glass toslink cables. I have done a quick a/b between it and a basic $5.00 fiber toslink .
The detail is very noticable right off the bat. There seems to be greater hang time on the steel guitars, the brush on the snare is more defined and the texture of the electronocs is more distinct. The soundstage seems to be deeper also. The vocals and instruments that are far back also are not muddy, but very clear and crisp.
In my opinion they do make a definite difference over the standard fiber cables that I have been buying elsewhere.

Anyone else notice that difference when changing to glass?
128x128mattzack2
Amphenol Cables on Demand
20 Valley Street
Endicott, NY 13760

The Cables on Demand Team
866-223-2860
Hi Mattzack2,

Did you find Valab well matches with teac VRDS10 ?
Did you notice any jitter problems ?
Thanks

vichai
I am hearing so much with this combination. I just installed a Virtual Dynamics Master digital cable between those components and I am hearing so much more than I have ever before, even with the Amphenol glass.

I am learning that it is more than just 1's and 0's entering the DAC. Even though I don't exactly understand how or why the sound is different, I am pretty sure that jitter has to be the root cause of the difference.

Kijanki came to my home and explained slew rise times to me. I am a ex-digital technician and I had always worked primarily with clocked circuits. The signal from my Teac to the Valab coming through either glass or copper is asynchronous. If I understand correctly, the rise time on the toslink is pretty slow. Also any jitter in the Teac can bleed out on the rising edge of the low to high transition and enough noise on that part of the signal could possible be enough to trigger a false "1".

Any further comments on my description is very welcome... I think I am beginning to understand this a little bit better.
Mattzack2
Do you think Audio alchemy DTI will help in reduce Jitter in your set up ? I have heard that it can even make the connection worse. Have you ever tried ?

I just purchased TEAC VRDS10 to be used as transport for Valab. What is the best coonection you recommend ?
thanks
Vichai