Bi-wired vs Single Termination

Recently upgraded speakers to B&W 804s and want to upgrade speaker cables. B&W has ability to be bi-wired or to use their supplied jumper at the speaker terminals. What is the adjantage of a bi-wired cable vs a single termination and use of B&W jumpers. I am looking at a used set of Volcanos with single banana plugs vs a set of Mont Blanc with bi-wiring. I understand volcano is a "better" cable but all things being equal which configuation is "better". Speakers are not being bi-amped and at this time I do not intend to bi-amp them.
smerlas
I had N804, and did bi-wire for a while and went with a better cable not bi-wired, Granted I went to a much better cable, I never noticed a difference when bi wire was used on the 804N. I did bi amp and yes big difference, how ever, I sold one of my amps and used it to start the upgrade of power cords and interconnects and power cords to all Shunyata. When I was done the less powerful amp is the one I kept since it was better quality. The system had suprisingly more power and much better sound with one amp and not bi-wired. I really don't get it but this made me a believer in cables and Shunyata. The sound overall was much better and warmer for sure. The bass was much better as well, wierd but this was my experience. Spend as much as you can to get a good speaker cable not bi wire and upgrade the jumpers to match you speaker cable if you can. Don't forget though, its more important in my experience to have good power cords and interconnects first before the speaker wire is worried about. I started with the power cord for the cdp and i-conn, then worked my way to the speaker. I added one at a time and listened for a while to make sure what I was getting from each addition.

Beerdraft
I read the Synergistic Research explanation which makes sense ...... especially the part about the physical properties of most jumpers.... with that said it seams that one could simply make or have made a jumper from the same material as their cable ...... so now we come full circle to AQ Volcano with jumper, Mont blance, someone else ..... or Anticables ...... Tedmbrady are you running the SR cables ...
Off to the local dealer to pickup some wires to demo ... and I am sure to recieve some biased info based on the brands they carry.