Valhalla interconnects - recommended?

I have Cardas Golden Reference ICs between my Halcro DM10 Preamp and the Halcro DM58 Monoblocks which I have been happy with for years.
I don't need extra detail and certainly don't want brightness.
What would Valhalla ICs bring to that combination?
128x128halcro
IMHO, Valhalla interconnects would bring additional detail, and possibly brightness (but that would depend on your source, if it is bright, the Valhalla would let it shine on through). They are an extremely detailed interconnect. (In fact I think they are ruthlessly revealing of any inferior electronics in your system.) That being said, your Halcro electronics are extremely high end, and therefore, going with the Valhalla cables would probably be an improvement over the Golden Reference cables, .... unless you don't want more detail. :-) (Which is exactly what you said you don't want!) Personally, having had the Golden Reference cables in my system, and now the Nordost Quattro Fil cables (Nordost's previous best cable before the Valhallas), I prefer the additional detail of the Nordost cables, versus the slight amount of warmth of the Golden Reference cables. (However, I do think highly of the Golden Reference cables, so it is not like they are a mediocre cable.) And, I should point out that I do use a cable with a slight amount of warmth as my speaker cables, (Audience AU24) just to balance out the system's sound.

If you are considering changing cables, I would look into the Jena Labs cables. They are very detailed, but they are not ruthlessly revealing like the Valhallas (as per a friend who has been experimenting with both), but according to him, they are slightly more musical. FYI, he ended up with the Jena Labs interconnect from his preamp to his amp, and Valhalla speaker cables. (He felt that going with both of either one, tipped the scale too much to either side of "not quite enough detail, but very musical" or "very revealing, but not musical enough". He feels that one of each works just right. (Both Jena Labs and Valhalla cables are both (almost) obscenely expensive, but since you own Halco equipment, that should not be an obstacle to you.)

My two cents worth.

Please realize that I am merely passing on his opinions regarding the differences between the Jena Labs and the Valhalla cables, so take that with as many grains of salt as you like! (I love the sound of his system, so I will state that whatever choices he has made has worked out incredibly well.)

Good Luck in your search!
My goodness, I like Valhalla cables in many applications but not here. Especially if you have speakers like WattPuppies, IMHO that would be a mismatch. Definitely additional detail, and maybe or maybe not adding brightness, but with those electronics a flatter, less organic low end I think, less rich. You have lots of speed with Halcro, but these cables would take away a bit of gestalt I think. What cables would I use? Actually maybe Synergistic Research Apex, they are a good cable, and often add just a touch of warmth and fullness to a system. Depends on your speakers though. I pretty much use Tara, but in an all MBL system, that apparently is fairly normal. Don't know how Tara would work with Halcro. The APex will give you almost the warmth of the Cardas, but with a bit more detail and a bigger soundstage I think.

Have fun,
Chris
Valhalls will add a leanness, more detail and more holographic imaging-at least they do that on front-end sources to pre-amp. The Jena Labs would be a better choice for you-but only the Dreamdancers beat Valhalla...not the lesser models. They have it all without the leanness of Valhalla.