my take on blind tests

ABX tests shows that there are no difference between cables. However, many of us would disagree. I took similar test and must admit that I had problems with hearing the difference.

And then it came to me. There is a difference between listenig and hearing.

Even if there are no differences in sound we can hear them because we are listenig. Listening is paying attention to the whole experience and not only to allow our ears to enter the sound.

Bottom line is, if you hear the difference when you see which cable is on and hear no difference when you cannot see, let it be.

We pay for the whole experience, not sound waves alone.

What do you guys think?
sebastian_bik
"Even if there are no differences in sound we can hear them because we are listenig"

Is there a possibility to be more obscure?

People frown on dbt because it indicates that they can't REALLY hear a difference, but have so much invested in believing that they do, they think up ways, (usually pretty pathetically) to demean dbt, or use the old "your system is incapable of adequate resolution bs.

"We pay for the whole experience, not sound waves alone."

You should sell that as a marketing slogan to a cable or power cord company.
Well you have satisfied yourself that despite logic, whatever you perceive, whether right or wrong, present or imagined, repeatable or not, satisfies you. You know you have entered the twilight zone of subjective audio.
If I were to take a double blind test, the biggest problem would be that I am completely unfamiliar with the entire audio system being used in the test.

The place I notice differences the quickest and easiest is at home; for the simple reason that I have a long memory of how it sounds and feels. So anything new introduced is immediately apparent.

At a store, a friends, an audio show, I can get an pretty quick impression of the entire setup, but individual items are hard to differentiate. If I spent all day, maybe I would reach a point where small changes were easier to distinguish. In those tests, they won't give you all day for your ears to adjust. They won't even give you ten minutes.