Combining different speaker cables for bi-wiring?

After spending the past few weeks trying different types of speaker cables with my system, I narrow down my choice to two brands of cables but I couldn’t choose on more than another.
The first cable I liked was giving all the details and dynamics I was looking for the highs and mids, but was lacking punch and solidity for the bass.
The second one I picked was giving me all the punch and fullness in the lows, but was too bright in the high frequencies.
Should I bi-wire my speakers using the first type of cable to drive the highs and the second type of cable to drive the lows?
Is that a common thing to do?
Would that affect timing and pacing between treble and bass?
Thanks for helping.
Cheers,
mboimare
I have used Silver cables for bass and Copper/gold for mids and tweeters when Bi-amping. Maybe if I had more money I would have went with same cables but it worked great for my situation.
In general it is not a good idea to use different brands of speaker cables to bi-wire,there are too many problems sonically that can occur as the amp and speakers are seeeing different signals due to phase, inductance,capacitance,ect. The overall sound can and ussually sounds disconnected. Allthough on first auditioning you might be impressed, Longterm this will start to aggravate.
My experiance has also shown it is always best to place the better cable of the same brand for the bass then the treble,and not to mix silver with copper. Better yet, is to give the MIT line a try, there bi-wire cables are specifacally designed to address this problem. And have always proved superior in these types of applications. I am sure if you try the Mit cables within your budget you will be more than satisfied with the results. I have tried many different combinations and after purchasing my Mit Bi-wires I am totally satified, and my cable hunt is over.My only problem is that I keep upgrading within the MIT line as it keeps getting better and better and my system keeps reaching new hights as my bank account gets lower, but I love this hobby and puchasing my MITS has been the best thing to happen to my system.
In general it is not a good idea to use different brands of speaker cables to bi-wire,there are too many problems sonically that can occur as the amp and speakers are seeeing different signals due to phase, inductance,capacitance,ect. The overall sound can and ussually sounds disconnected. Allthough on first auditioning you might be impressed, Longterm this will start to aggravate.
My experiance has also shown it is always best to place the better cable of the same brand for the bass then the treble,and not to mix silver with copper. Better yet, is to give the MIT line a try, there bi-wire cables are specifacally designed to address this problem. And have always proved superior in these types of applications. I am sure if you try the Mit cables within your budget you will be more than satisfied with the results. I have tried many different combinations and after purchasing my Mit Bi-wires I am totally satified, and my cable hunt is over.My only problem is that I keep upgrading within the MIT line as it keeps getting better and better and my system keeps reaching new hights as my bank accoount keeps reaching new lows, but I love this hobby and puchasing my MITS has been the best thing to happen to my system.
MIT cables are not all you make them out to be, pulling the entire line was the best thing my father ever did for his sound. Audioquest trounced them in every way.