Silver vs Copper cables

I've been reading the forums and noticed a few comments that silver made ic's and speaker cables sound better with solid state equipment. Would this mean copper cables sound better with tubes? Why is this? Thanks.
gjbianchi
The quality of the wire (silver or copper), shielding, and the dielectric along with construction is what makes the difference. Another tibit, along with silver being the better conducter, is that silver oxide conducts current while copper oxide does not......not sure what it all means, but it is good trivia.

Chuck
Well, I got my well regarded Reality Cables today.
100% copper (or some variation of 99.99999999% give or take a few nines). They have OFC connectors.

I have been using the well regarded RS Audio Silver IC's.
100% silver (or some variation of 99.99999999% give or take a few nines). Silver connectors.

I have a source with two sets of Audio L/R outputs so can have them both hooked up and switch the selector on my integrated amp instantly to A/B.

This is like Ali/Frazier, Bird/Magic, McEnroe/Connors.

Let the games begin.
This will no doubt prove once and for all for all aduio enthusiast which is better between Cooper or Silver IC's; with my source, with my amp, and with my speakers, in my room, on my couch, with my ears....

Well, I guess it will not prove a damn thing except which I might like better in my setup-but I will report back nonetheless for entertainment purposes.

:)
Lkdog, it would have been pretty damn boring without Ali, Frazier, Bird, Magic, McEnroe, and Connors. That's when it was about the competition and not about the money.
Got to see Bird in person in college twice play against my university.
Old school, baby.

The cable battle is quite interesting so far. Will report back tomorrow as Gregg at Reality suggests a couple days run in even after his extensive burn in.
Brief update on the copper Reality Cables IC's as compared to the silver RS Audio IC's in my setup.

The Reality Cables have the recommended 48 hours of additional run in after I received them on Saturday. The company already does a 15 day break in on the wire and connectors before they send them out and they feel they are already broke in when received. The 48 hours is to allow them to settle in with your electronics.

Short answer impression at this point-no significant difference. Both cables are neutral, balanced across all frequencies, extended, and devoid of an edge or glare.
I wouldn't call either warm, nor would I call either analytical. They are going to present what your electronics does truthfully.

It is funny but both seem to have avoided the stereotypes of the typical characteristics of silver and copper. Both present an honest balanced presentation. The silver is not etched or edgy at the upper frequencies, or lean; the copper does not lose detail in exchange for warmth or fullness.

Both are nice cables and I would not hesitate to recommend them for a trial as both companies offer a money back trial period.

If I had to state one difference-the Reality Cables might be very slightly rounder in presentation.