Purist or Kubala-which to buy for entire system

I am finally pretty darn happy with my system. It consists of Epiphany 12/12 speakers, modded Dodd 120's, and APL 3910, with latest Sound Applications Linestage. I have lots more eq, but, I am trying to simplify. I may end up using a Pre-amp, but I am not sure yet. I do have Dodd Reference Modded, and Modwright modded. Now, my quandry lays here. I am presently using Xindak gold 3 meter interconnects(1 amp on each stand, 8 feet apart). Speaker cable I am using bested Virtual Dynamic Revelation in my system, it is no name, as of yet, but the wire is used to seal Nuclear waste, and sounds amazing. My power cords are Purist Dominus on Sound Applications, Electragide Ultra Khan RR on APL, and stock on my amps.

I have an opportunity to get "a deal" on the latest Kubala Sosna Emotion, and/or Purist line of cables. For the price I can get it for, I cannot audition.

I would also appreciate opinions on whether I should put my amps together, and get longer speaker wire, or longer interconnects.

I have been told by Rick Schultz(VD)and others that the only real way to get the BEST synergy is using same brand cable thu-out system. I just dunno, and in commiting well over 5K to cables alone....I would like some assistance.

Thanks in advance, and best of luck in your journey

Steve
711smilin
Hi Smilin,

Thanks for the update and suggestion (new direction)!

Best regards,

Mark
711smilin...
You nailed it re. the Nanotec cables. And after having the same experience as your's I decide to become a dealer for them. I'm also a Purist dealer and feel fortunate to be able to offer both lines.
I've now been using these products and couldn't be happier. The single best way to descibe them is MUSICAL!!!!!!
I did a lot of testing with all kinds of brands. I always received: loudspeaker cable, powercables, xlr/cinch cables of one brand. But always I had better results using some other cabels. Why? Because you can use more different properties of the other cables. So you can get closer to the sound you prefer.
hi smilin
very interesting thread.
i am on the market for ic's and sc's and was browsing the threads regarding the BEST to see what is out there even though i would not be able to afford a Dominous or Kubala Emotion. but i might try to get a Venustas...
but now you mention the Nanotec cables and that makes me very curious.

could you provide more information about your findings ?
how do they compare to the purist ?
how would you characterize the sound?
what do they cost?
thanks a lot
malcolm