Why do new cables needs to be "broken" ???

Could some one please explain me why do new cables needs to be run minimum 10 hours before the sound quality to stabilise ? What are the mechanical explanations ?
Thanks
pierrehaas69
Turn on the cold water tap in winter then put your hand into the water stream -- ouch! it's freezing! Keep your hand there and after a bit of time the water feels quite tolerable. Are you getting used to the frigid water, or is the water warming up?
Heres a little story;I lent an IC that had about a year in my system,to a non audiophile at work,this guy is a true music lover,anyway a week later he came over and said;"I cant believe it ,but im hearing details in music that ive not heard before,and it seems like i dont have to turn the volume up as much as i did before i put this IC in!He said he HADto get one of these ICs,so he ordered one,a few days after he got it he came over and said,"Geez,this cant be the same cable,it sounds terrible,im going to send it back,he must have changed the way he is making them ,it does not sound the same as the one you lent me,"Anyway i started to laugh,and explained that it will sound better soon and to leave it playing when he went to work,and sure enough ,a couple weeks later he was happy ,as the cable did sound as good as the cable that i lent him that was "broken in" go figure!
Pierre the only logical reason is that the cable doesn't burn in at all. Your amp and speakers must unlearn the old cables by gradually adjusting to the new cables' capacitance, inductance and conductivity. Think outside the box and you'll get it.
Why?

So nice people like John and Richard at Audience can repair or replace speaker cables free of charge when orthopedic mongoloid cretans like myself break them by tripping over them.