Breaking in power cords

Can I break in my new power cord by connecting it to a lamp and then leaving it on fulltime? Various threads indicate hundreds of hours of break in time in the audio system, and I don't want to wait months and months for the benefits. Has anyone tried this method?
128x128suttlaw
How about on an active subwoofer that I leave on all the time, will the amp in that give a PC a proper break in?
My dryer has a 120v 20A line, but it is a natural gas model and not electric. I currently run my stereo off of my dryer's outlet. Cleaner clothes? With Walker SST, you bet!
Maybe, just maybe, there's a tiny, really tiny, stackable electric dryer that requires a 120V circuit, but, - I dare say that *any side-by-side model out there is a dedicated 30A, 120/240, 3 or 4 wire ('pending on local codes and/or age of equipment.) 240V heater element, 120V controls. Same as an electric range, 'cept those are 50A (typ.) circuits.

A 120V dryer with a load of quality bath towels and several pairs of newish jeans might take oh, 6 or 8 hours to dry? .

Newer, energy star reefers are nearly useless - mine takes 24 hrs. to trickle through 500W.

Plug it into an amp, let it rip all day, and after a day or 3, start listening to music...
Allright you got me , Im a midget and I shop in the kids depatment. I have tiny furniture and a tiny stereo system . To me a JVC shelf systems speakers look like Legacy Whispers ! Seriously Its a full size Maytag Clothes Dryer .Its a 20 amp circut , a 120 volt receptacle. The stock Maytag PC is 16 gauge .Estimated drying time towels and jeans , 50 minutes. maybe with Walker SST, I can get it down to 45 minutes !
I refrained from Fisher-Price brand with a lightbulb inside cracks .

Very unusual appliance. 16AWG PC...? My 240V antique is a 3-10AWG PC. The 50 min. may 'splain it all, since it should be 'bout 30-40 min, tops.

No SST, but cleaned the PC brass prongs, and used one of the Caig products...