Rega RB301 VTA Adjustment other than standard?

It is to my understanding that from the factory REGA assumes one will use a REGA cartridge. I also understand that the tonearm is fixed to the base with 3 screws on 3 factory "spacers" already and with the stock felt mat the VTA is set for a REGA cartridge????? correct??? ok now my problem.

I am using a Ortofon M2Blue and have many records "standard" thickness, many 180g and a hand full of 200g.

I have messed around with removing the felt mat with the record on the glass platter just for kicks and YES I heard a big improvement.

With my new findings this past Friday night I ordered the 3 point spacer ring and a record puck.

NOW MY QUESTION!!

When I get the spacer do I remove the factory spacers?

How do I know which spacer setting will allow me to play my standard and 180g without a hassle?

What is a good starting point? (do I set it for standard weight records and get a thinner felt mat for when I play my 180g records?)

Any suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks,

Kev
128x128thegoldenear
Hi goldprintaudio

I'm confused cause under the base of the tone arm where it mounts at the 3 points...???? It seems to be raised from the factory does the spacer get mount flush on the table or on top of the 3 washers already there?

Thx again

Kev
Kev,

The spacer goes right underneath the 3 points (look like washers) of the tonearm. It will be flush with the table. So the 3 tonearm "washers" will be mounted and screwed into the spacer (and the adjustable spacer gives you the option of what height adjustment amount you want).

Hope this explains it a bit better.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
yes it does, so the 3 "cylinders" that are there from the factory are infact part of the tonearm "base" and the new ring i get will be flush on the TT and then the tonearm will set on which ever spacers i feel work best???

thx
ok i got it installed started at 4 brought it down to 2 nice on all grades of vinyl

but the record puck i got from Mitchell for the REGA TT its does not work with 180 or 200 gram records.

That stinks