Are there any other EAR 834P modders lately?

I had to beg David Schulte of Upgrade Company to mod my EAR 834P because there are so many detractors. There are also loads of DIY people who have tweaked the circuit in custom ways. The changes I had made include V-cap coupling caps and RFI shileding. Switching from using the 12AX7 tubes to 5751 or 12AT7 tubes if you can handle the lower gain also is highly beneficial. I use Valvo 6201 blue print in the one spot, Brimar and Siemen Halske 12AT7's in the gain stages 2 & 3. 2 is not left and 3 is not right- it sums the tubes for the gain stage left and right. My results are stunning. Because the 12AT7's only have 70% of the gain or the 12AX7, I changed out my Bent Audio step up tranny's for Bob's Devices Cinemag 1131 with a 1:40 or 1:20, ratio which is adjusted at the flip of a toggle switch.
zenbret
Are the Telfuncan Smooth plates that much better than ribbed plates? My Fishers are ribbed plate. What do you all think? I am talking 12AX7 for the gain stage- V2 and V3.
Information overload. The other two posts I made aren't up yet, I've made one more tube change. I put the two Tele's in V2 @ V3, (still have the Seimens in V1). It's obvious that the Tele smooth plates are more sonically neutral than any of the other tubes I own. I feel the Seimens have an edge in bass power/extension,... maybe slightly unrealistic in the treble region. If I had 1 more, I'd try them in all 3 positions.
OK, I switched to the Bugle Boy in V2. Less open, only a hint of the bass the Mullard had, (soft sounding). Put the Mullard back in.

I'm working too hard, party people. Time to sign off and enjoy.
This thread got me wondering about my tube compliment. In the context of my system, these are the changes I made today while listening to Elvis Presley "Live From Memphis" Speakers Corner,. The tube orientation I previously mentioned had a little "spotlight" effect. I had previously used (2) 60's Seimens in V2 @ V3, then went for the Mullard in V2. The Mullards are warm with nice bass, however they are not the greatest for transparency/dynamics. This was a nice compliment to the other tubes, but too much of a good thing. Trying another Mullard in V3 produced a even warmer sound that I'm not very happy with. I then left one Mullard in V2, @ switched the others so the Tele is in V3 and the Seimens is in V1. Things are pretty nice now. Somehow I get the feeling of trying a Bugle Boy in V2 to replace the Mullard. Maybe later, will report back.
Slaw- glad your having fun with it. Read my simple post above again about SUT ( step up transformers) - the coil of wire that increases the voltage passively- without any active gain stage like an amplifier does.

MC cartridges are such low voltages that they have to be boosted before you put them into the phono preamplifier's gain stage in order to get a decent signal for the preamplifier. Or you can try some of Frogman's MM cartridge recommendations because they have a high voltage to start with.