Turntable speed accuracy

There is another thread (about the NVS table) which has a subordinate discussion about turntable speed accuracy and different methods of checking. Some suggest using the Timeline laser, others use a strobe disk.

I assume everyone agrees that speed accuracy is of utmost importance. What is the best way to verify results? What is the most speed-accurate drive method? And is speed accuracy really the most important consideration for proper turntable design or are there some compromises with certain drive types that make others still viable?
peterayer
Jtimothya, I don't think you are serious (correct me if I'm wrong), but to elaborate on my point: a great drummer playing alone can get the juices flowing with a great groove. Now, imagine a (potentially) great melody played or sung with bad rhythm. The end result can be painful.
Hello Thuchan,

Congratulations, self-disclosure is good for the soul!

BTW, there is absolutely nothing wrong about being a little slow and loving it...:-)...

Always Happy Listening!

Alan
Hi Lew - thx for putting my question in layman terms :^)

Syntax - Look forward to your impressiosn of the Sirius. I would be curious as well if you can find out who set the arm up for the owner. i.e. the manufacturer, the owner or a friend ?

Cheers
Dear Unoer,

my system does not stand in Munich - if you were thinking this direction :-)

I just made a test with the Timeline and the VPI SDS - and indeed it was running a little to fast when using another tonearm (in this case Micro Max 282 with Sussurro).
Slowing down with the SDS is just precision and fun !!!

BTW I also like slow food, slow life but sometimes fast driving :-)

best @ fun only
Heck, around these parts a nice looking plinth can get the juices flowing. :) Toneless beating in time is not the sum and substance ('heart and soul') of music, regardless of its capacity to motivate. There is no false dichotomy of one over the other (rhythm or melody). Now ... back to the turntable accuracy dance off.