Need advise on Oscilloscope

Hi,
Planning to buy an Oscilloscope to check the basic setups on the turn table, pre-amp etc...

Need an advise on Oscilloscope - what works well and stable, especially those that interface through the PC USB port.

Thank you

Anatoliy
avs9
If you can afford it, I would recommend one of the newer Digital Storage Oscilloscopes. The have an FFT function that is very useful when you want to look at the frequency domain. They also have the USB port you want.
Lewm,
Never done this before but was hoping that I would be able to check the cartridge azimuth alignment, by just comparing the signal level between left and right channels?
You can do that with a voltmeter. Compare output at each channel. Or get a fozgometer for that.
No (AVS) and no (Sunny). Azimuth adjustment is not about output per channel. It is about crosstalk. Although you can in theory at least use a 'scope to do azimuth, it is more complex than you might think (first you normalize the output of one channel vs the other and then you look at the amount of the L channel signal that appears in the R channel, and vice-versa) and requires filters so you can look at one frequency at a time, and of course a proper test LP. Same goes for using a voltmeter. That's why they get the big bucks for the Fozgometer or the Feickert device (which I like better in theory). Re the FFT business: I don't know much about that, but I do know that there are now applications that you can download onto your laptop that turn it into a frequency analyzer for very little money compared to the cost of a modern digital storage 'scope with FFT. (Actually, the Feickert program does that too.)