Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Do I need to change all three (two of which are hard-wired)β“πŸ˜«

Henry, Yes.
You are an audiophile and a diy guru.
You started this trend and opened our eyes, so why stop. lol
Over time the bonding can loosen and the damping rubber ring will come lose, without this material the platter is better suited to announce the second coming.

Thanks for the tip, totem395. Upon inspection, the adhesive securing some parts of my rubber ring had indeed dried out. I couldn't tell just by looking; I had to peel back the outer rim of the rubber (the adhesive is applied in square blocks roughly midway inbetween).

Readers of this thread will know that my victor experienced a resurrection, but now that my ring is secured, I have perhaps put in abeyance the second coming?
Henry, the goal would be twofold. One get a good ground for the Victor and two put a long pc on it so that you can get all that equipment far away from the cartridge and tonearm cable. Does that seem reasonable?
Gary
Thank you for the kind words Audpulse...😎
I am grateful and truly humbled....πŸ˜”
If I've in some way helped you and others to achieve better sound from vinyl....I can ask no more....🎼
Regards
Henry
Hi Griff,
I've ordered a 5mm Achromat....but the 1200 which allows for the edge lip of the platter (named after the Technics 1200 because of the same problem).....
So....I'll see if there is still some improvement to be had...β“πŸ‘€