Mitch Singerman EAR 834p mod

I see a lot posted about this mod but I really don't see any posts about the sound after the mod. How does the level 1 mod sound? What is different from stock, sound wise (I have read what he does to the unit but not what the mod does for the sound) Does it help the step up M/C section also? Is it really broken in at 100 hrs. Is level 2 worth the money? Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks.
(using the EAR with a VPI Classic with a AT 33ev cartridge)
frano
I've been using an EAR 834P MM/MC for about 5 years -- modded by Mitch Singerman and some further mods as per T. Leach, and more of my own concoction. The tube set is Tung-Sol 5751 in the gain stages and a Telefunken rib-plate 12AX7. (synergistic tube choice cannot be under estimated here)

I can say that it is one component in my system I never think of rolling out. It does everything I want a phono stage to do and does it so well. Currently using it with a London Decca Super Gold cart on a Well Tempered Amadeus TT. IMO I am "there."
Just fyi, I have an EAR 834p currently being modded by the folks at The Analog Room in San Jose. These folks also have designed their own high end pre amp, Wavestream Kinetics...and one of the guys who designed the mods previously worked at MFA. I almost went with Mitch, but decided to see what the folks at the Analog Room have come up with...another option for your consideration...about the same price as Mitch's mods
Will add on to the post from Mcmprov. I have a modded EAR 834P from the Analog Room in San Jose. Scott Franklin of MFA fame (now of Wavestream) does the mod. In addition to his standard EAR mod (replace caps,resistors,tubes) I had him add an extra rca input and toggle switch since I'm using a dual tonearm configuration (one stereo, one mono). Scott does excellent work.
i AM CONSIDERING PURCHASING A STOCK 834P, CAN SOMEONE PROVIDE DETAILS ON THE SONIC IMPROVEMENT AFTER MODIFICATIONS? aLSO, CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE MODS.

TX