Brinkmann Bardo vs Transrotor Fat Bob Reference

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the differences between these two turntables? They are similar in price & both have hydrodynamic magnetic bearings, although the Brinkmann is direct drive as opposed to the more conventional design of the TR. Any opinions or experiences would be appreciated!
melbguy1
Anyone had the chance to hear both of these tables? Would appreciate any opinions. Cheers!
I recommend you call Jay @ Revelation Audio in Carlsbad, CA. Nice guy and he carries both lines I believe.

Mark
Thanks Mark, but i'm keen to hear from those outside the Industry about the differences in these two tables and hopefully ascertain which sounds better :)
These are both rare turntables. I really doubt many people have heard both, and probably no one has heard both in he same system.

I can say that the fit and finish of my Transrotor is excellent. It's the modern Micro.
Hi Jeffl, thanks for your comments. You've got a very nice system btw! I think you're right; TR tables, espcially FB tables are HUGE in Germany, but not as well known outside Europe. I agree, the TR are beautifully engineered & look great, but more importantly sound excellent. But I also have a lot of respect for Helmut Brinkmann.