How is LAMM LP2 compares to the more recent phono

I am now using all LAMM pre/power and my LAMM dealer offers pretty good deal on the LAMM LP2 phono deluxe version for me. I understand that 5-7 years ago, it is considered one of the top phono available but have not heard much about it recently and wonder how it might stand up to the more recent phono unit such as ARC Ref2, AMR, Audio Valve, Rhea Signature or Audia Flight etc.
I plan to audition LP2 but other units will be a bit difficult to find and I may not be able to audition them all unfortunately.
Thanks for your comment
suteetat
I have used both Koetsu Rosewood Signature and Onyx Platinum cartridges with the Lamm. Both were excellent matches, especially the Onyx. There was certainly no gain problem. Although the LP input level into my preamps was lower than the CD/SACD, my last three preamps had adjustable gains for each input separate from the others. I suppose there could be an input to input level issue on preamps whose input levels are not adjustable, but most of the preamps one would use with an LP2 are (possibly not including Lamm's own preamps--I forget, I haven't had one for years). I should also add that the LP2 seems very forgiving on record noise, and I was told by a dealer who seemed to know what he was talking about (not the one I bought the LP2 from) that sometimes a higher output level on a phono amp increases the perception of surface noise. Why that should be is beyond me, but I at least mention it.
Hi Sut

Another phono stage you can consider is the EAR88b. I heard it a few times and auditioned in my system. Its very good as well.
Not as dark as the lamm but just as refined and have some loading options & gain control.
It works well with the Koetsu & you can use it with stepup if you want as well.
Mgottlieb, thanks for the input on Onyx. That's what I will be using as well.
Nolitan, have you compared EAR88PB to EAR324 by any chance?
I auditioned EAR 324 in my system awhile back and while it was nice, I was not impressed enough at the time to think it was worthwhile upgrading.
Suteetat, I have testet the Air Tight with the Lamm LP2. It is a nice match but the Lamm deserves better. Go for a Kondo SUT or FR silver coiled SUT. You may also try the Syntax. These are much better options.

The Lamm LP2 is a phono stage many owners have a long history with. It is usally a story of love. You may improve the caps, go for bigger internal SUTs, change the tubes for WE ones, improve the connectors. Whatever you do it is a fantastic phono stage even if the features are rare. Very musical and best in connection with a very good SUT.
Thuchan, thanks for the comment. I was having problem with my equipments for awhile and was away for a bit so I have not had a chance to try LAMM phono yet but later on next week, my local LAMM dealer should bring over his phono for me try for awhile.

I am curious about changing the internal SUTs. By the middle of the year, I plan to have two cartridges/arms setup. One will go to SUT/MM input and the other go to LAMM internal SUT/MC intput. How good is LAMM internal SUT?

At the moment, I have Ortofon T100 SUT which I like very much but another SUT might be an option down the road. I heard a lot of good thing on Kondo SUT or perhaps Ypsilon MC-20 SUT. However, before considering channging another external SUT, should I be considering changing LAMM own's internal SUT first. Let say if 1:10 gain is not an issue, how is the sound in comparison to other SUT that you mention and what other SUTs had people used inside LAMM?

Thanks for your help.