Ortofon A90 or Air Tight PC-1

Has anyone compared these two cartridges? How would the A90 match with an SME V arm? I've just read so many glowing reviews in the press and on Audiogon that I'm curious about the A90. Thanks.
peterayer
From my experience quite a few cartridge manufacturers have some duds out there. I have heard about this with the above brands and have experienced it with a few brands myself. Not difficult to assume that the TAS review got a bad sample. But...., the true question is to determine the sample variation within the brand. Some are better than others.
auditors struggling to setup? They are neither qualified nor have any special talent or listening skills. After listening to a couple of reviewers' systems I could only look up to heavens to save the readers. I am suprised people still pay attention to magazine reviews when a wealth of information from more knowledgable people is available all over the place.

Thuchan: I would bet my money on your opinion than TAS or Stereophile reviews :)
Thuchan: I would bet my money on your opinion than TAS or Stereophile reviews :)

Just curious, have you heard Thuchan's system?

Me, I do not lay my trust in one's opinion unless I've personally heard their system.
Gallant_diva, thanks - you are not the only one who told me his opinion (also people who listened to the system). Nevertheless when it comes to listening rooms most reviewers`rooms look a little under-optimized.Of course they have to change equipments all the time. If you have a good ear you are still able to hear differences - somehow...
"Just curious, have you heard Thuchan's system?"

No, but I heard some reviewers' systems and that is why I cannot trust their opinion :) Most of them do not make any sense anyway and there is an underlying conlict of interest because the magazine exists to make money. And what listening diploma or certification do they have that makes their hearing more credible?

But I will take something worth considering if it is recommended by someone whose ears I can trust (but that does not include magazine reviewers). I used to read them 20 years ago for serious consideratio, then 10 years ago for humor, and now I do not even find any humor in them.

"Me, I do not lay my trust in one's opinion unless I've personally heard their system"

Yeah, that is ideal it could also take away you trut ;-)