Azimuth and the Fozgometer

Finally received the Fozgometer after a 2 month backorder. In the past I have always used a loupe and a front surface mirror to set the azimuth on my Tri-Planar with Dynavector XV-1S cartridge. According to the meter, I was very close to a correct azimuth. I wasn't prepared for the effects that a very slight adjustment would make. Nailing the azimuth has brought my soundstage into tight focus. I have never experienced this kind of solid imaging in my system.
I know that the $250 price tag is a bit steep for something that won't get a lot of use, but this is not a subtle improvement. There are other ways of measuring azimuth, that I am not very familiar with, but I would doubt that they are as easy to use as the Fozgometer.
128x128czapp
I just tried my Fozgometer for the first time. I have a Dynavector XV-1s which is low output so I hooked up the outputs from my phono stage (Tron Seven) intead.

The meter correctly identifies left and right signals but doesn't show any movement on the meters.

It looks like there is a calibration of the meters and I tried that; the meter moves a bit as I turn the calibration screw but always goes back to zero.

Any ideas?
Post removed 
I am also going to await the arrival of the Soundsmith Cartright. It does so many more things and apparently it has been designed to account for the inherent differences in cartridge geometry and output.
While things like the Fozgometer are spot on for some carts and completely misdirect you with others. Pretty much like most of our hobby.....your milage may vary!
Apparently the Cartright will be able to take these conditions into consideration.

I spoke with Peter recently and he is so buried building cartridges that the Cartright is on the back burner right now.
I await it with baited breath.
I just had a look at the Cartright. Now THAT is what I call a TEST INSTRUMENT! All the more credible because of the vast phono cartridge experience of the designer.

No disrespect to Jim Fosgate, he certainly has lots of experience with phono reproduction, though with more emphasis on multi-channel and noise-reduction designs. If the Cartright can do what it describes, then it's definitely worth the price of four Fozgometers!

Like Doug and some others, I tend to cast a jaundiced eye on "setup aids" of all stripes -- in my case, usually, for these two reasons:
1.) I'm cheap, and don't want to spend a lot of money on something I may use only once or twice (my time isn't worth THAT much ;--)
2.) I'm smart enough and clever enough to (usually) come up with a DIY test solution that is as good, if not better, than the 'store-bought' variety. Lucky me . . . .

But if the Soundsmith device can do what it claims, and in such a simple/elegant/efficient way, than I'm going to start saving for it. I'm in!
Mauidj, I thought "baited breath" looked funny so I googled it. It actually should be "bated breath" where bated is a contraction of abated or almost not breathing in anticipation. Thanks for the fun of looking up all these crazy words and phrases in English. As usual, Shakespeare is credited for first using it.