EMT turntables as good as other great vintage TT?

Are the EMT turntables as good as the great Micro Seiki turntables, or the Pioneer Exclusive P3, or any of the other great vintage turntables. How would they stack up to today's modern turntables? I realize there are many different turntables in the EMT line. I have been reading that the 930st or the 950 seem to be the one's to buy with the 927 being quite rare and very expensive. Could someone take the mystery out of this line? Are they more collectible than sonically relevant?
128x128baranyi
Whoever has an EMT I suggest you should try the new Tondosen from EMT-Studiotechnik GmbH. What a difference to the old carts. Go for a TSD 15 lzi or for an Anniversary TSD 15. It is worth a try and I promise you will not believe any people anymore stating always that EMT carts are not Top Notch.
The 950 was fitted as general rule with MC boards.

MC boards were the standard (EMT did not produce any MM cartridges)

Clients that used MM boards used various MM cartridge makes (various solutions to adapt load to specifics)

The 950's that host MM boards are of a lesser value than those with the MC ones. Often studios sold their 950s without the MC board replacing it with MM one, keeping the MC ones...

For the "reference" points:

The equalizer amplifier consists of 3 circuit boards:

Amplifier supply board 7 950 037
Equalizer amplifier 7 950 038 / 088
Line amplifier 7 950 039

The version of the equalizer amplifier (038 or 088) depends on the pick up to be used:

MC: 7 950 038 version is equipped with two input transformers (haufe) to be used with MC pick ups (EMT T-series).

MM: 7 950 088 This version has no transformers, input impedance 47 kOhms. It is to be used with MM pick ups.

As we all know the boards are interchangable without need of any adjustment short of VTA/VTF...as the MM carts may not have the same height/weight as the T range (all same height and weight).

All fun!
I heard a rumour that someone is trying to rebuild the 927 and plans to produce 100 units at least. The original Hammertone finishing will also be part of the production process. Just a guess if one unit is going for 20.000 Euros will there be a market?

Best & Fun Only - Thuchan
Hi guys,
this is a very old thread.....but i hope someone will reply
i own an EMT 948 with 8 boards, service board, hour-counter, and light.
it is perfect

Cartridge JSD 6
i am planning to upgrade with the 2 x F2 board

I already own the cable to bypass the electronics and feed a phono-stage from the arm
I just listen to chamber music
Should i stay with the EMT "philosophy" and the new F2 boards?
or should i try an external phono-stage? and in this case what do you suggest?