Cartridge upgrade for VPI Scout

I am considering upgrading my cartridge. My setup is a VPI Scout on a Ginko Cloud 11, Simaudio LP5.3 w/ PS, and Dynavector 10x5.

Rest of system is BAT VK-31SE pre, BAT VK-55 amp, and Esoteric MG-10 monitor speakers.

I am looking for more transparency accross the board, and a more open, airy top end. I prefer a brighter top end than I am getting. I am relatively new to analog, so I don't have the knowlege yet to know what to look for in a cartridge upgrade. Originally, I pretty much went with the salesman's recommendation on the 10x5, and it has been a great cartridge for the money IMO.

I do like the Dynavector sound. I am considering the 20X-L, but am worried that it won't be enough of an improvement. The 17D3 looks interesting, but some have warned about the short cantilever. The Shelter 501 was recomended by one of the guys at Music Direct.

Price range- $500-600 (used) or $1000 new.

Thoughts?
mekong56
Michigan Maple Block makes a good one 3" thick. Runs about $125 with freight. I replace the standard feet with Star Sound solid brass ones; brass sounds better and it gets rid of the rubber washer in the regular feet. I think it improves the bass and transient response over the regular feet or even the Mini TNT feet. I am a dealer for both VPI and Star Sound.
Agree with Srwooten, you seem a good candidate for Fremers' DVD. It covers all the basics well.

Fear not, however unskilled you may be at TT setup, I'm far more unskilled at drums! In 6th grade they gave up and made me play my turn during the band concert on a practice pad. ;-)
Stanwal-
Wouldn't a butcher block do essentially the same thing as the Ginko, just give a different "flavor" result sound wise?