What is the best arm for a Linn Soundeck 12

I am replacing the Akito arm for my Linn Soundeck12. What arms that fit should I consider? Do I have to replace the arm board?
juan314
I am fixing up an older Linn and am replacing the Grace 707 [which is a good match] with a Jelco 750D. Some non Linn arms will use the same cut out as Linn,check specs on Vinyl Engine. I have used the Ittok, it is a good arm. I chose the Jelco to make it easier to change cartridges, as this is going to be a second table I was willing to give up a little performance for convenience.
You'll do just fine with the Ittok LV II. There is more of a difference between the Basic and Ittok than the Ittok and Ekos.
I use a Dynavector 10/5 MC with the Ittok. You can use your same armboard if staying with Linn. Also, so far, the the lengths are the same for each arm, so a custom Mint LP will be an excellent tool for mounting a cart. If you switch up to the Ekos, you can still use the mint LP.
My local dealer has been selling LP12's since the beginning. Every one of the guys who works there (except one) has a Graham arm on his LP12, either the 2.0 or 2.2. The one guy who doesn't has an Ittok because he can't afford the Graham. I find this quite interesting.
Hi Juan314,

I had a Linn LP12 for about 20 years. The best arm I had on it was a Graham 2.2. I have heard Ittok's and Eko's (which I liked a lot), but the Graham will play with them. I have not heard the Naim Aro which is supposed to be very good on a Linn.

Good Luck,

Mark