Ever so slight platter wobble

I have a bix DIY table that I got from a friend. I noticed that when I look at the bottom of the platter or actually put a solid object underneath the edge of a spinning platter, every revolution the platter will touch the object. You can hear it. The wobble is tiny less than 1/2 mm at the edge. I dont have an arm for this table yet so I do not know how it sounds and I am wondering if I should even keep it. Will 1/2 mm impact sonic performance. Scientifically speaking it should not, right? Since whenever the platter dips, so will the tonearm. Do non diy or high end turntables also have tiny amounts of wobble?
malammik
The bearing itself is mounted straight and secure - I've mounted it myself. Platter is made out of glass acrylic. The distance between the platter hole wall and the outer edge of the bearing is not even. At the bottom it is tight and there is no play, but at the top if I push with my finger slightly on a platter you can see through the platter the top portion of the hole becomes "more" in contact with bearing so there is side to side play.
Try unseating the platter from the spindle, turning it about 1/4 turn and reseating it. You may have to do this more than once to get it level and straight. Sometimes the machining is just a wee bit off, but you can usually find a spot where everything fits cleanly and straight.

Enjoy,
Bob
This may sound idiotic, but are you sure you don't have the platter installed upside-down?

A slightly tapered bearing spindle matched to a slightly tapered hole in the platter (both narrower at the top) would provide an inherently stable fit, assuming good machining of course.

And/or what Bob said...
This does not sound idiotic at all. I do not know much about this table so I am not even sure which side is top and which is bottom and I tried it both ways. I will wait to get home tonight and try Bob's suggestion of various positions to see of there is one that reduces or eliminates wobble.