Need Advice: Setting up a basic analog system

Hello, newbie here, I just inherited a Technics SL1200mk2 w an Orsonic headshell w an AT31E cartridge; and a Mark Levinson LNP-2 Preamp. I am now planning on setting up a basic system to listen to my old vinyl. I've been going thru the forums and websites and I'm planning on getting an Adcom 535 power amp, Polk Audio RTi 1A speakers and maybe a TCC TC-760LC phono preamp. Was also toying with the idea of getting a new phono cart like the Audio Technica AT95e or the Shure M97, or maybe even a budget tube amp.

I am after a decent analog setup, something like a basic audiophile system (budget). My listening room is probably 10' x 12'. I would appreciate your inputs, comments, suggestions. Cheers!
monako
johnnyb53, just wondering about the cmabridge, it gives 55-56db gain for MC cartridges, after using the KAB computer, i got a figure of 58db for the at31e, is the 2-3db gain shortage ok?
I was going thru my old audio stuff and found 2 old AT125LC's on AT headshells, are they any good?
08-28-09: Monako
johnnyb53, just wondering about the cambridge, it gives 55-56db gain for MC cartridges, after using the KAB computer, i got a figure of 58db for the at31e, is the 2-3db gain shortage ok?
According to the specs at LPGear, the AT31E has an output of 0.4mV. The Tone Audio review in Issue 21 mates the Zu 103 MC with the Cambridge 640P with no complaints about gain. The Zu 103 has a lower output at 0.3mV than the AT31E, so I would say it wouldn't be a problem. The 640P has a very low noise floor, so you can turn it up without it getting noisy.

Audio Advisor also sells the Music Hall, which has 60dB gain in the MC setting. You could call Audio Advisor to see which they'd recommend. I don't think the .4mV is going to be a problem with the Cambridge. If it is, Audio Advisor has a 30-day return period and return shipping on such a small unit wouldn't cost very much.