Establishing a common analog listening bias

Maybe it is possible to establish a widely accepted common ground in terms of listening bias by choosing and agreeing on 10-30 LPs all readily available new to all audiophiles for decent price.
If all listening tests and personal comments regarding the sound of components and systems in the various threads and posts would refer to any of these LPs mainly, everyones comments and experiences would much easier be understood by their fellow Audiogoners.

How about an "Audiogon baker's double-dozen"?

This would create a solid ground for all of us.

How do you think about this ?
dertonarm
Dear All, as the question about the "ultimate goal" just came up again:

- It is not about ultimate sonic quality of a pressing. We do need a careful selected group of records which shall serve as a "common ground" to link and desvribe all sonic impressions each one has in his system set-up or with inidvidual components.
While I am perfectly aware that usually the vintage first pressing are the better sounding, we must restrict ourselves to what is CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE.
So - no 1s/1s Reiner PInes of Rome (just as an example...), but instead the "normal" below $50 Classic Records Reissue with33 1/3 and on one record only.......
EVERYONE must have access to all these records by mail-order (internet) or standard audio retail shop.
This is about the chance to give each and everyone the very same tool at hand and thus creating one FIXED POINT to set the "lever".
While the discussion about sonic differences in certain records is fruitful and important to extract the essence, in the very end we are forced by reality to restrict the "common ground LP package" to what we can buy today NEW.

Cheers,
D.
Hi D. and Frogman,
I thing your reply did not fully cover what Frogman was on about. But let's see if he concurs with my notion.
A.
Dear Axel, dear Frogman, I will illustrate in the list of my "picks" the point of the unamplified instruments in live space.
Stay tuned - I will be back tuesday night with my list and a few words about each record on it.
Cheers,
D.
I thought the subject of this thread was a good one when I first saw it. Now after having contributed once and read through twice, I think it will end up raising more questions than answering.

First of all, there was discussion of whether or not certain albums were sonically up to snuff. Then the discussion digressed into a pissing match over set-up. The third, an possibly the most fatal flaw in all this, is being able to communicate that which you hear such that the majority of people reading the "review" will comprehend what the reviewer is talking about. One doesn't need to read many audiophile periodicals to understand that even the "professionals" struggle to get this one right.

I'm not here to throw a wet blanket on the party, but even after certain "reference" recordings are chosen, a lot of other "standards" have to be established and agreed to for this exercise to have any analytical value.

Or we can just continue on tilting windmills . . .

Eric