Establishing a common analog listening bias

Maybe it is possible to establish a widely accepted common ground in terms of listening bias by choosing and agreeing on 10-30 LPs all readily available new to all audiophiles for decent price.
If all listening tests and personal comments regarding the sound of components and systems in the various threads and posts would refer to any of these LPs mainly, everyones comments and experiences would much easier be understood by their fellow Audiogoners.

How about an "Audiogon baker's double-dozen"?

This would create a solid ground for all of us.

How do you think about this ?
dertonarm
Hi, one more?
"Ma Mère L'Oye" by Ravel with Ansermet and OSR?

Any comments on that one's 'PHASE'?

Another that's 'too good' by any chance?
A.
Hi, in general the DECCA-engineers had a more lucky hand regarding absolute phase in the recording equipment than their collegues at RCA and EMI.
Thats why on the best DECCA SXLs you will have - once your VTA is 100% (...99%) groove-compliant - a extremely convincing recreation of the actual recording location, its proportions, separation and localizing of individual voices and the sense of real air.
Ma mère L'Oye is good - but on a par with another 30-35 DECCA recordings.
Then the OSR is first rate rarely.
But this DECCA too may serve well.
Cheers,
D.
Halcro your description of what you hear off Belafonte's long time and highly regarded performance is totally mystifying.

"Voices and instruments undemanding though well recorded""

"Audience is simply an ill defined and sometimes a distorted screech of nebulous applause"

WHAT!

This excellent R.C.A. recording has been known as such among music enthuses for "decades"....
Oh, oh, now we're getting down to brass-tacks!
Who'll be the judge on all this lot now?

Got to pull this Belafonte LP from under my locker and see what's what.
I do recall the music is not exactly down everyone’s alley though, my girl friend (17 year younger to say) is going to throw stuff at me I suspect.
A.
OK, Belafonte at Carnegie Hall...
The applause on my lot supports Halcro's gripe, not very defined at all, the singer is there very nicely but superior 'hall information' .... I think I heard better. ---Now we are of course supposed to listing to the performers and they are very well defined.

Here is a clue: This album was **at least** 6 time re-issued and not getting better by the time I got my orange budget (I guess) label RCA.
Could explain some of it, yes?
A.