Establishing a common analog listening bias

Maybe it is possible to establish a widely accepted common ground in terms of listening bias by choosing and agreeing on 10-30 LPs all readily available new to all audiophiles for decent price.
If all listening tests and personal comments regarding the sound of components and systems in the various threads and posts would refer to any of these LPs mainly, everyones comments and experiences would much easier be understood by their fellow Audiogoners.

How about an "Audiogon baker's double-dozen"?

This would create a solid ground for all of us.

How do you think about this ?
dertonarm
Dear Halcro, dear Axel, please keep in mind:

- its NOT about the absolute BEST pressing but about the READILY NEW AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE pressing for below US$50.

- it is less about whether there are better test records. Its about a solid common ground for exchanging sonic impressions in a virtual world - i.e.: Audiogon.

- it should use records only, which are a pleasure to listen to NOT JUST BECAUSE OF THE SONICS, but entertaining and "good" in the musical sense (thats why my lists will contain in teh majority LPs only, which have stood the test of time and will most likely sound familiar to most music lovers and audiophile .
I am glad to learn, that so far most contributors to this posts seem to have ideas going in the very same direction.
Looks like we can really put together a common ground for a much better communication about sonic issues and topics in the future.

Cheers,
D.
Dee,
I got you, -- or was there any million $$$ suggestion, and I don't know :-)?
Have I mentioned some 'hidden' vinyl treasure?
All I own has cost nothing more than $30 and $0.20 the least.
Natural sounding vocals with little to no artifacts attached for me is of paramount importance on a recording.
"The illustion of, in the room with you kind"

To add from my suggestions above , another one that stands out that is readily available and inexpensive is Joan Baez "Diamonds and Rust"

I never did care for Joan's music until I heard this A&M release through a pair of Quad 63's some 25 plus years ago.

The original release was exceptionally well recorded and the current re-issue is it's equal.
Great band and good music.

Alison Krauss "So Long so Wrong" Good music, talented band, good recording however the studio mucked with the vocals too much.

Their "Live" release has far more natural sounding vocals and is equally entertaining and well recorded. Mobil Fidelity

Joe Williams "Me and The Blues" Speakers Corner , check this one out.

Nat Cole "After Midnight" mono , Pure Pleasure...in deed it is.
Stiltskin,
y.s.:
>>>Alison Krauss "So Long so Wrong" Good music, talented band, good recording however the studio mucked with the vocals too much.<<<

Most interesting comment. Any chance elaborating a bit on it?
I have an idea, but let's hear how you would put it, please.