Looking to get a turntable.

Looking for advice on turntables. Have heard the Sota moonbeam with my speakers on a tube system and while I liked it was trying to go a bit less expensive.

Grew up listening to vinyl and love all the pops and hisses that go with the early recordings. Mostly like blues, jazz, and classic rock but can listen to Frank Sinatra for hours.

Am just starting to understand what makes hi-fi tick and am still learning. I can now actually understand some of the how and whys of electronics.(thanks to my brother).

Grew up in a family that always was into music. My Dad had a pair of Maggies that are still my favorite speakers to this day. Components bought and sold alot so I got to hear alot of systems.

Ok maybe to much info but figured you might all need a little background.

My system;

Coincident Troubadour speakers
Audire Crescendo amp
Superphon revelation pre
Dennon TV 1500RD receiver
TEAC /cdP 1440 CD player(replacing soon after table purchase)

My question is what table(new or used) will enable me to get the most bang for my buck? Am looking at the Rega P1 and can go to demo it before purchase with my own lp's. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Price range in the 400-500 hundred range

Thanks
horsnit
I did check out the site and waiting for a reply for him. As I understand it he only has 2 to 3 tables for sale per month. The Thorens he has for sale is nice. Great thing about him is that he takes into account your system, experience and musical tastes and trys to find a match for you. Can't wait to see what he thinks would be my match.

Thanks so much for the info as I would much prefer to go with quality vintage verses new. I have a thing for all things old and am a huge antique fan no matter if it's furniture, hi-fi, or houses. I LIKE the look and the fact that items were built better. Not to say there are not great manufactured products out there. I just like my stuff built like brick s*** houses.

We shall see!

My Dad also turned me onto AR Turntable in Nashville, Tn. that takes Ar's and Mods and works on them. Getting ready to go there and see what's available.
Must say Dave@ Vinyl Nirvana is great. Going to talk to him on Sat. but he is right there in responding to my e-mails. Do believe I shall do much business with him as he cares what you think. Will let ya'll know but probably a :no brainer:.
Is that George Merrill's shop in Nashville? He and Anthony Scillia have been modding AR's for years. The latest Merrill tables are also very well received, alas way outside your budget. Dave at Vinyl Nirvana also offers the Merrill-Scillia AR mods. So if you're leaning between AR and Thorens Dave is a pretty good source of information for both brands.
Rega's - probably the most consistent and reliable table/arm combo that has ever been made - certainly the Rega and Linn LP-12 are the only models i can think of that have been on the market with minor changes for decades.The Rega's seem to show up used with about the only problem ever being the need for a new belt if they've been sittin for awhile - any Rega dealer can provide that.
The problem with a lot of other designs is they require a skilled trained person to get them set up and adjusted for max performance - this is particularly true for most "sprung" chasis designs - especially as they age. Pretty much not a issue with the Rega's.
Post removed