Teres Versus with Galibier/Redpoint?

I'm planning to add another turntable to my system(currently have VPI SSM rim drive/10.5i). Along with the Raven AC, I'm most intrigued by the Galibier Stelvio and Redpoint Model D. Any of these tables would allow the flexibility of Differing/multiple arms and a contrast to the sound of the VPI. One potential advantage to the Galibier and Redpoint might be the ability to position the Teres Versus next to the platter as an alternate drive method. In this way, one might be able to use direct drive and tape drive interchangably. Does anyone have experience trying this or is the tape drive good enough that this would make little difference?
sonofjim
Personally, I love Mosin's table, though I haven't heard it. It's beautiful and looks like it would be reliable for a lifetime. You may recall my past complaint about it's cost. I'm over that now and appoligize to any I may have offended with my remarks. The main down side(appart from cost) is that it only handles one arm at a time and I believe it doesn't handle 12" arms(am I right about that?). I'm guessing Albert Porter will end up with one. It just may not be flexible enough for me to justify the price.
For now, I'll check out the Raven AC at Highwater in May and hopefully the Stelvio at Galibier in June. Where is Oswald's Mill Audio anyway, just in case.
Doug, I've used Kapton for several years on my tape driven turntable. I've tried several different lengths and thicknesses. It is too smooth so it doesn't grip as well as stock Mylar. I don't know where you could obtain this material since I don't believe the company I worked with would sell to the public. I run a machine shop so it's pretty much standard business practice. It's also extremely expensive.
I have not heard the rim drive Teres but only the Saskia seems to be an actually new design. The tape drive on my galibier works well. I would give the edge to the Galibier over the redpoint (i looked into both before buying) because I fel the Galibier offers as much or more than the redpoint at a lesser cost. Thom is a great guy and is working to always improve his design. The galibier is a bargain at the pice poin compared to a lot of other things I have heard.
I agree. In this catagory the Galibiers have to be considered a relative bargain. From the research I've done so far it seems they deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as other top tables and it appears the level of service may be second to none. We shall see.
Sonofjim
Just a thought....Perhaps Doug would welcome you into his home to experience his modified Teres table. I believe he lives in the north east of United States.

Next stop High Water Sound in New York.

Then you could swing around to Oswald Mill Audio in Pennsylvania....Who knows, after this stop you may no longer care about flexibility for multiple arms....I know the price, however at least you experienced the Saskia.

Then to Denver....