ZYX too light for my Shroeder arm. Help

I have a Schroeder Model two arm, but even with the counterweight all the way in and the cartridge moved all the way to the end, I still cant get the tracking force to 1.8grams.

What to do? Add mass tot he cartridge/tonearm. How should i do it? Thanks for any advice.
128x128petng
Sounds like you need to add the silver base to the cart.
Call Mehran at Sorasound.com. He will help you fix the problem.
Hi Petug,

1. You didn't mention which ZYX you have, but if it doesn't have the optional SB or GB weight then you've got the wrong cartridge for that tonearm. An unweighted ZYX will never perform well on a Schroeder Model Two.

2. Schroeder offers a heavier mounting plate for cartridges that need extra mass. Assuming you have (or will switch to) a ZYX with the SB or GB weight, order the Schroeder weight from your dealer or from Frank directly. That will notably improve your bass response and overall dynamics.
Brnlaw,

Unfortunately, the silver base cannot be added by the owner. It is permanently installed by Nakatsuka-san during assembly of the cartridge.

Doug

P.S. For fun, I've tried using external headshell weights with a ZYX. Bad idea. The sound, while weightier, went smeared and murky. It lost that astonishing clarity that makes a ZYX a ZYX.