Anyone into 78s, mono classical LPs?

I recently came into a large lot of 78s, some jazz (likely to keep), some classical (likely to find another home for), as well as a bunch of mono classical LPs.

Experiences? Thoughts?
piedpiper
S.E. Iowa. There are about maybe 100 classical 12" 78s, about 50 classical 12" mono LPs and about 20 classical 10" LPs.

My own preference is for stereo LPs unless the music is extraordinary. There are a bunch of 10" jazz LPs that are great music and fun to play that I'm keeping as well as a bunch of jazz 78s that I'll keep although I'll need to set up a dedicated turntable for playing them.
I guess I was hoping to hear from anyone who has a particular fondness for the above as to why they do.

No takers?
Piedpiper, I would love to find a 78 copy of the Four Last Songs, by Richard Strauss. It was conducted live by Wilhelm Furtwangler, and is easily the best performance of the Four Last Songs. I have the HiFi mono version, with Schwartzkopf singing, and the stereo version on EMI with her, but they both pale compared to Kirsten Flagstad with Furtwangler conducting. The version I have is a mono compilation on LP, on an Italian label and is the only version I know of, and is clearly a transcription from a set of 78s. They sound like they were recorded off-the-air!

If I could find the 78s of this recording, it would be a no-brainer to set up a table with a 78 stylus and proper 78 rpm equalization.

In short, You do it to get the Performance: its all about the music.