Ortofon SPU Synergy

Hi,

has anyone else here tried the Ortofon SPU Synergy? Whats your impressions, which parameters do you aplly in setting up the sytsem? I use this wonderful cartridge for more than 2 weeks now.

Best regards

Ron
xronx
I am progressing in my project. Now is turn to buy the Ortofon SPU cartridge, but I have been analysing the different info coming from articles, forums and brand papers and, apparently, there are specific SPU models for 9" and 12" arms; is this right?. If this is the case, which models are intented for 12" arms?
Regards, dgd
There is the shorter A headshell (especially for arms having the dedicated geometry such as Ortofon 309 or some models from EMT, the A shell is out of production but limited reissued for Japan) and the longer G headshell wich fits (at least from the size) to every regular tone arm 9" to 12".
if you want to be safe, buy the SME 3012 and you can use many cartridges on it.Or the Orotofn RMG 309(my favorite!)To go for the arm for "A" type SPU you have to be more dedicated or have two arms deck....then you can use any of the "G" type cartridges.
AND if you really want to use "A" cartridges, there is an adaptor(AP J1) for the "G" arm to use "A" cartridge.....simple!