Loricraft Record Cleaning

I've put off buying a record cleaning machine for years now, and doing it by hand is just getting old (So am I for that matter). Seems like everyone has an opinion on which machine is best, but nothing really negative on the Loricraft machines.

I'm looking for a used machine if possible, and if someone has one and is tired of cleaning records period, let me know. If you can point me to a solution or have a reason why I'm completely out in left field, that's helpful as well.

Thanks for the input!
Paul
pkubica
The Ultra-Pure Water rinse is essential (whether you use AI or Prelude) and well worth the time and money. It makes a major difference.

Agree with Cello 100% - whatever cleaning regimen one adopts, complete it with one, and even better, two ultra pure water rinses. I've found NERL Reagent Grade Water is very effective in this role. Their 5 gallon box can be had on-line for $25+ship.

Tim
TBG:

"I think you will find that records you thought were clean, weren't."

Hi, is this due to your Loricraft or the Walker fluids? Or both? What diff to you hear?

I might want to upgrade my VPI 16.5 soon...

Thanks in advance!

John
Jfrech, I am not talking about the obvious pops and clicks, rather the top end sounds brighter and the dynamics become more evident and quick. This is not at all to suggest that records cleaned with my several VPIs did not sound noticeably better than in their original condition. I strongly suggest that the substantially groove by groove cleaning with the Loricraft and Keith Monks machines is the better way to vacuum. I once got metal stuck in the pad on my VPI and ruined one place in several records before I noticed what was happening. I don't know where the tiny sliver of metal came from. At very least, with the Loricraft the advancement of the string would leave a single record damaged and perhaps not even this the the stronger vacuum might just suck it up immediately.

Initially, I used the Loricraft with Disc Doctor, RRL, AudioTop, and later L'Art du Son. I had used Disc Doctor with my VPI. Records that I initially cleaned with the Loricraft sounded better after another cleaning with the Walker. This is to suggest that both are contributing greatly to my results.
Jfrech -

Hi John. We had corresponded in the past. I went from the 16.5 to the Loricraft. To compare both machines, I would clean an LP on the 16.5 and listen to a cut. I would then clean with the Loricraft using the same fluid and listen again. The results were consistant for each LP. Lp's cleaned on the Loricraft were very noticably quieter with a lower noise floor, blacker more grainless background, better sense of space and depth and more tranaparent.

I would then clean the lp again thinking that maybe it was the second cleaning (first cleaned on the 16.5, listen and then clean on the Loricraft). After I would clean again on the 16.5, I lost the effects I heard after it was cleaned on the loricraft. My guess is that the wand that is used on the 16.5 would recontaminate the lp even though I would keep it clean.

The only drawback is that it takes longer and is more combersome using the Loricraft.
In my opinion...there IS no drawback. The Loricroft produces better results. Plus, it is quieter.....quiet enough to listen to records on the turntable while cleaning. A BIG plus, in my book!

Not cUmbersome at all.