GEM Dandy Record Cleaner - Has Anyone Tried It ?

Have you read this review of George Merrill's record cleaner in the latest 6Moons.com?http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/gem/dandy.html

Best ever record cleaner (according to the reviewer) and uses ordinary tap water for the rinse. Exclusively for garage sale purchases, or would you have the nerve to try it on an audiophile reissue, too?
randyk
Looks like the device can be DIY-ed... $150 for plumbing parts? I dont know...!! ??
I've had it over a year, absolutely fantastic cleaning system. This thing has completely revolutionized my enjoyment of listening to LPs, even old rejects that had long been given up for dead.

It is very easy to use and not really too messy in the sink. But if you prefer it is no trouble to set up outside with a garden hose.

Don't even think about buying some outrageously expensive vacuum/brush monstrosity until you have tried the GEM.

Yes, you can DIY most of it and tweak a few things here and there if so inclined. Except for the GEM cleaning fluid, that is a requirement.

But I don't have a problem paying for George's idea and invention. He is a great guy and very knowledgeable, I appreciate his contributions to making this system available.

Steve
I own and love it. dont even use my top of the line nitty gritty any more.

best cleaning ever.
Can't argue with it's results, especially on mold, absolutely no 'water' problems, and I have the hardest water available, just dry it off with the diapers. It helps to have a DEEP sink, or use it outside with the garden hose....I don't find it takes more than 4 minutes max per lp. Still use a VPI once it's cleaned with the Gemalog...and George's fluid is part of the secret for getting rid of the mold.
George is a nice guy. I own a MS turntable and am happy I spent the money. I purchased the GEM Dandy record cleaner. The thing is so simple that no one thought of it. I contemplated making one myself but for $149.00 why steal the man's joy. Use Peake battery water in the steamer. Also install a dedicated under-the-sink water filter if you plan to use tap water - Spare no expense for a good one. I gave up on the VPI machine the first time one of my records was scratched. I have enough records to listen to while the others dry.