Beware of PayPal

I made a payment via PayPal and just noticed that they took the money out of my checking account instead of my credit card. They made this change without notifying me! Worst thing is that there's absolutely no way to contact them. They don't respond to my emails and they have no phone number to call! This is horrible!
boros
I have closed my account with paypal, but not without considerable difficulty. i did get hold of them on the phone, and after considerable attempts, did finally close the account..as for the reasons, mostly the difficulty in contacting them and getting simple answers to questions..
I too could offer specifics of another horrible story regarding my dealings with PayPal. I tried resolving it with the company but to no avail. I am currently filing a dispute with my credit card company and must await a verdict. The more I read about PayPal, I realize that my experience is not atypical. I also read that many people have successful experiences with this service. Obviously this must be true or they would be out of business by now. However, do take the complaints seriously as you may be the next one voicing your displeasure. Their customer service is atrocious. They hide their phone number on their site, and offer the typical mindless "I can't help you" responses if you do make phone contact. I requested to speak to a supervisor and was told that I could expect a return call within 48 hrs. I'm not holding my breath. I urge people to read some of the sites which report the abysmal practices of this company. Included are www.paypalwarning.com and www.paypalsucks.com. Beware!
You complain about PayPal, yet you continue to use it when it is completely your choice to use or not use PayPal.

As they say, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
I have had great luck with paypal for over two years and
175+ transactions.

Jerry
Last year I had a dispute with Paypal over an Ebay purchase. The item that was shipped was NOT as described, it was not packed in a fashion appropriate to delicate optics (a microscope, tossed into a box with 1 layer of bubble wrap) I think it was shipped badly to somehow cover the fact that the serial numbers had been GROUND off. It certainly looked like it might be stolen goods ;) When I complained to the seller I received an impolite response. Paypal's attitude was that IF ANYTHING AT ALL WAS shipped, they would protect the seller. My credit card company instructed me to return the item to the return address on the package (UPS with tracking #)and they would back me up. I did, they did, and Paypal never said anything at all. On a subsequent transaction they pulled from my bank instead of cc, I ACTUALLY found a phone number and SPOKE TO A PERSON. I was informed that even though the transaction not ten minutes distant, they could not modify or cancel the transaction. That was when I closed my paypal account!