Deep Cleaning Records With Steam?

It has happened again. Major tweak and record provider has available a steam cleaner made especially for records. Anybody try steam for cleaning lp’s? What were your results? Since a unit can be had for about $20 at Target, 15% of what the tweak provider is charging, is it worth a try?.
tiger
A conditional yes. My first home made RCM was a ultrasonic-based unit that was affective in removing debris from the groves. Water quality played an important role with that ultrasonic unit. With the unit turned on , the record grove acted like a radiator fin vibrating at high speed. Minerals in the water attracted to the outer edge of the groove caking the rim a with white powery substance. The stuff seemed to start building @ 1 1/2-2 minutes of on-time. A home-brew fluid corrected the problem. Shortly after that I discovered steam cleaning . That RCM and a few others I created just sit on shelves for now. The exception is a LP destatic/drying unit I worked on that does both in 10-15 sec.
As soon as I find a buyer for the idea which in all
likelyhood isn't going to happen soon. I guess that other units are probably out there in the East but I have not seen one yet.

The unit destatics , spins, drying both sides using a high-speed fan , brushes & drying rims in a unique configuration. Kinda like a a spinning hair dryer , zero-stat machine . And yes "It" works. I can't show it since I don't oun a patent and its orgins are not just unique to "Em-wa".
Crem sounds like you are on to something there good luck and thanks for the info. I just steamed 18 lps using Nerl lab water. Going to hear what that water does for vinyls sound.
Have you experimented with this. I have read this here i think, its better to wait 24 hrs before playing a steam cleaned lp. Is that a fact. Thanks again Crem
I hope i don't have to wait 24hrs after steaming to play , i lightly steam my lp before every play to remove fine dust particles and reduce static.