Deep Cleaning Records With Steam?

It has happened again. Major tweak and record provider has available a steam cleaner made especially for records. Anybody try steam for cleaning lp’s? What were your results? Since a unit can be had for about $20 at Target, 15% of what the tweak provider is charging, is it worth a try?.
tiger
While I don't know what the big dogs are using (as in higher end gear), I think it vital to have good record cleaning machine ( I am using a 25 yr + VPI - how is that for a great product.). I also think steam cleaning essential (and thanks to all of Crem1's excellent guidance and recommendations I am grateful; from the steamer, water, and even Purdy brush). I use Walker Audio Prelude and that is also very excellent.
Although I steam as the last step and eliminate using Walkers water Ultra Pure Water.

My records are clean and lacking ticks and pops except on really dry days.

They sound fabulous.
Well I took the steam plunge today with a Conair unit from Wallyworld for $30 and so far its all thumbs up, I clean on VPI as normal, then steam and scrub then Vac off let sit and play. A really noisy Boston album was atleast 50% better than before and thats good enough for me, more info to follow as I clean more.
Another convert. After seeing this thread on top for months i had to give steaming a try. Went to Walgreens and got the Perfection steamer for 29.99. Used the long nozzle with the bent adapter. The only worthy water i had was from my Walker system. I had enough to clean 21 lps. I used my 16.5 with two mats, side one on both steam vac, apply cleaner scrub steam scrub vac, steam scrub with a different brush vac, steam one more time vac, flip remove mat and repeat. Put lp on a plate rack do another. Package in MFSL sleeve and ready for play.

From the lps i have played the improvement in clarity is very audible. I will need a better water source for less cash.

Crem1 many thanks for finding new ground in record cleaning. A step in the right direction for better sounding vinyl.
Gregm - Do consider adding a record cleaning machine to your process. KAB Electro Acoustics offers a manual "machine" the EV-1 that you use with your home vacuum cleaner. It is vry affordable (<$200). Sucking "gunk" out of the grooves after steaming should help eliminate what you are collecting on your stylus.